APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.08.31 - Tommy Stinson Blog - Update

Go down

2011.08.31 - Tommy Stinson Blog - Update Empty 2011.08.31 - Tommy Stinson Blog - Update

Post by Blackstar Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello my peeps,

I’m completely stoked that my record is finally out there, and want to thank all of you who have bought it so far. For those of you looking for it on vinyl, there was a production snafu and it’s now looking like the LPs will hit stores in November, just in time for Christmas. In the meantime, it’s available digitally and on CD, and if your local record store isn’t carrying it, tell them that they can order it from Redeye Distribution.

Also, in case you haven’t heard, a portion of the money you spend on my record will go directly to the Timkatec Schools in Haiti. This photo shows a three-story building that was a two-story building when we went down there for their graduation in July of 2010. The third story was built with the money raised in the auction last year. I can’t begin to say tell you how good this makes me feel, and I can’t wait to contribute more and I encourage you to as well at Timkatec.org.

We had a great time playing shows we over the last month, and look forward to doing a whole lot more in the future. There were lot of bonuses along the way — We had to re-order the CD twice because it kept selling out, we had a great in-store show at Main Street Music in Philly (I can’t wait to do more of those), and I met all sorts of nice people. I also figured out that as much as I want to play guitar on stage, it’s best that I stick to bass, as well as lay off the pizza and jellybeans.

After Hurricane Irene forced us to postpone the Providence and Boston shows, Tim, Jon, Emily and myself stocked up on survival supplies and came back to our house in upstate New York to weather the storm and started recording some new songs. It was my first time recording a whole band in my new digs. I am very stoked at how quickly and easily it was to work with these guys and we’ll definitely be doing a lot more of it in the new year.

Thats all for now. I’ve gotta get back to workin’ up some GNR tunes for Rock in Rio. Whoa…stay tuned.

t
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down