APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.05.21 - Artisan News - Matt Sorum Reacts To The Wrath Of Scott Weiland Over STP, Velvet Revolver

Go down

2008.05.21 - Artisan News - Matt Sorum Reacts To The Wrath Of Scott Weiland Over STP, Velvet Revolver Empty 2008.05.21 - Artisan News - Matt Sorum Reacts To The Wrath Of Scott Weiland Over STP, Velvet Revolver

Post by Blackstar Fri May 14, 2021 6:00 am

MATT SORUM REACTS TO THE WRATH OF SCOTT WEILAND OVER STP, VELVET REVOLVER

Now that a reunited Stone Temple Pilots is well on their way, Matt Sorum has said that it was the reunion offer, a lazy show in Europe, and Weiland's lack of backbone that caused the split with Velvet Revolver. Sorum is currently playing with friends for a Los Angeles residency for Camp Freddy, but he shared his thoughts on his former singer.

Sorum said that Weiland was swayed by industry insiders who wanted him to be back in Stone Temple Pilots.

"When the album (Libertad) came out it wasn't as impactful as the first record. I think at that point people in the business end of things started dangling the carrot for STP and pulled him away from us a little bit I think. He started getting his head someplace else. Unfortunately when people dangle the carrot sometimes you bite. The vibe got weird, and I think we just felt the vibe. And it just kind of got bad at that point."

The current Velvet Revolver drummer and former Guns N' Roses drummer remembers one particular show in Europe where he expressed his remorse over the band's lack of presence.

"I did a blog on my website, which I get 200 people look at it? I don't know how many people look at it. The strangest thing about the internet now is that damn Google alert! So I just put up a blog. I said, 'Hey man...' At first I thought it was sort of damage control, kind of thing, and I said, 'Hey I'm sorry about the vibe onstage.' We were in Glasgow, Scotland in front of some of the greatest fans in the world, and I felt bad for them. I really did. I felt bad. I was in my hotel, and I couldn't sleep. I was upset, and I said, 'I'm really sorry for what went down some of us are just unhappy."

When confronted about the war in the blogs and news, Sorum said that Weiland was less than manly about the situation.

"Everybody could see what was going on that was there at the gig. It was very evident. I just said, 'Hey...' That's what I felt at the time, and the next thing I know it's up on Blabbermouth and every other site in the world, and then I got the wrath of Mr. Scott Weiland -- skinny little guy as he is. He's the kind of guy that would drive by you in a car and shout out some s--t to you, and then he's got three buddies in there -- and then run. It's like f--k you too, pal! You know? If I saw him right now he'd probably be running down an alley way. He knows I'm twice his size. What the f--k?!"

Velvet Revolver is continuing on and we'll have details later this week on their singer situation. We also will hear from Sorum tomorrow about the comparison between his former singers Axl Rose and Scott Weiland. If you're in the Los Angeles area you can see Camp Freddy's month-long residency Thursdays at the Roxy in Hollywood, California. Corey Taylor, Tommy Lee, and Chad Smith have been some of the noted musicians sitting in.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080530231028/http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=4962&z=98
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down