APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.05.23 - Artisan News - Velvet Revolver Sorum Newfound Love for Axl Rose

Go down

2008.05.23 - Artisan News - Velvet Revolver Sorum Newfound Love for Axl Rose Empty 2008.05.23 - Artisan News - Velvet Revolver Sorum Newfound Love for Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

VELVET REVOLVER SORUM NEWFOUND LOVE FOR AXL ROSE
May 23, 2008 -

Matt Sorum has seen his share of enigmatic frontmen from Ian Astbury of the Cult, Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses, and lastly Scott Weiland. Weiland and Velvet Revolver recently parted ways, with Scott joining his ex bandmates for a Stone Temple Pilots Reunion tour.

Sorum and Weiland have had their blog battle, and we asked him if dealing with Scott Weiland made him have a newfound appreciation for one Axl Rose.

"Yeah (laughs). No, no... Both... I actually have a newfound liking and love for Axl Rose (laughs). You can print that (laughs). I've said a couple of bad things about Axl, and I think they've come back to bite me in the ass. The one thing I know about Axl Rose, as much as a d--k as he was at times, the stadium was usually sold out (laughs)! A little difference between those two guys. I'm talking 50,000 not 5,000 (laughs). I could deal with that. A jet, I'm not talking just a Jet, a 727, my own limo and a guy to carry my s--t (laughs)."

He also shared his thoughts on Weiland leaving and re-joining STP.

"Yeah, then it got personal. It's a drag. We're relieved as Slash said (laughs). Hey man, it was great while it lasted, sort of like a relationship. It's over. It's all good. We're moving on. I guess they're doing fine, the STP. That's his original band, and he probably feels more at home there. That's cool."

Sorum also detailed what Velvet Revolver is going to do about finding a replacement for Weiland, and we’ll have the news a little later this week. Meanwhile, Weiland and Stone Temple Pilots kicked off their summer tour dates with Rock On The Range, and they’ll be playing sheds throughout the summer.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111202180730/http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/default.aspx?a=4969&z=98
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down