APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.01.19 - South Wales Echo (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Tracii

Go down

2007.01.19 - South Wales Echo (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Tracii Empty 2007.01.19 - South Wales Echo (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Tracii

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:27 am

L.A. Guns guitarist Tracii Guns recently spoke to Gavin Allen of the South Wales Echo about his early years as a member of Guns N' Roses.

"If I had stayed with Axl [Rose], I don't know if Guns N' Roses would have been any better or worse but I think it would have been a very different band. We would have had a bit more fire. But the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level."

"I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

"Axl's problem is that if people don't support him 100 percent in what he's doing, he just doesn't want to know them any more. He's so talented but that talent comes from being a nervous wreck and some place in your head you need to be happy, which he isn't."

"If I'd stayed with Guns N' Roses for two more years I could have financed my rock and roll dreams — got Blackie Lawless to play bass, Nikki Sixx on drums and Robert Plant to sing — but at the same time we had a pretty good run with L.A. Guns, so I take the positives because I'm still touring Europe. But the problem with being on the road is that I do have a lot of time to think."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-if-i-had-stayed-with-guns-n-roses-it-would-have-been-a-very-different-band/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down

2007.01.19 - South Wales Echo (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Tracii Empty Re: 2007.01.19 - South Wales Echo (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Tracii

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:30 am

In September 2010, Tracii was asked at the Metal Sludge forum about what he said in this interview (re: Axl and myspace):
Tracii: I didn't say he posted on my MySpace. He was looking at old members MySpace pages with a mutual friend of mine and calling us " Shit on his shoe" . As you can see, I took the high road answering this question whereas I probably could have said a lot of other things and I chose not to.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down