APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE

3 posters

Go down

Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE Empty Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 16:44

A Norwegian news channel talked to Dj Ashba while he got a new tatoo in Oslo. Here's a quote (translated to Norwegian first be the reporter):

– Vi har gjort Sør-Amerika, Asia, Sentral Amerika, Europa, og så er det Australia, tror jeg, og USA. Det har vært morsomt.

This should translate to:

- We have done [toured] South-America. Central America, Europe, and then it is Australia, I think, and USA. It's been fun.

In other words, Dj implies that the European tour will be followed be concerts in Australia and US.

Source: http://www.tv2underholdning.no/gkn/her-faar-guns-nroses-tatovering-i-oslo-3220972.html

Last edited by Soulmonster on Fri 10 Jun 2011 - 21:57; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76738

Back to top Go down

Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE Empty Re: Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Sun 11 Jul 2010 - 19:35

In response to an ungoing discussion at mygnr.com about touring Australia the following twitter was heard:

gunsnroses
"Snubbing" Melbourne? Wtf?! That's just dumb... but unfortunately typical. Take da good n' make it bad. Thanks! about 1 hour ago via web

So, this kinds suggests that Australia dates are ahead...and that Melbourne will be visited (?).

Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE Empty Re: Tour in Australia and the US? - (PARTLY) TRUE

Post by ManetsBR Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 4:10

Maybe a full Australia tour Very Happy
ManetsBR

Plectra : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 12:19

ManetsBR wrote:Maybe a full Australia tour Very Happy
'

They did eight shows in Australia and three in New Zealand in 2007, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar this time. I am very doubtful they can do more, and highly sceptical to them only doing a couple of shows.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 8:32

A rumour says that GN'R will very soon be announced to be one of the headliners at this years Sturgis Rally Festival at Glencoe in South Dakota, US, which is held 9-13. August. The organizer said he would not confirm or deny the rumor.

Info on the Sturgis Festival with programme: http://www.glencoecamp.com/

I find this slightly unrealistic since GN'R is supposed to tour in the US after the next European and (rumoured) Australian leg.

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 7:58

The Sydnet concert (V8) on December 4 has been confirmed by the venue. Nothing from the band yet, so I keep it here in this section.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 8:14

Well, according to Daily Telegraph this is a quote from Axl:

"To mix Guns with this massive Sydney event will be a blast. We will be in Europe just before we head to Sydney so it will be great to come out and chill around Australia for a while, spend a bit of time getting around and soaking up the relaxed Aussie vibe. When we came back in 2007 it had been about 14 years between tours in Australia and we had a complete ball. Bring on Sydney and the V8 Supercars. Hopefully I can get a ride in one of those big beasts while I'm there."

I don't know if this is a quote directly to Daily Telegraph, or if it's taken from somewhere else. Nonetheless, it confirms the first concert of the Australian leg!

Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 7:58

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by toucan Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 11:10

Hey Soulmonster!, I cant wait..got my ticket today...very excited!
toucan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 20:10

Hi Toucan! Great to see you here on the improved Appetite for Discussion! And I am very happy that you will see GN'R again soon! Please update us on any news from Australia on this concert and any other shows they do Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 23:28

Soulmonster wrote:Well, according to Daily Telegraph this is a quote from Axl:

"To mix Guns with this massive Sydney event will be a blast. We will be in Europe just before we head to Sydney so it will be great to come out and chill around Australia for a while, spend a bit of time getting around and soaking up the relaxed Aussie vibe. When we came back in 2007 it had been about 14 years between tours in Australia and we had a complete ball. Bring on Sydney and the V8 Supercars. Hopefully I can get a ride in one of those big beasts while I'm there."

I don't know if this is a quote directly to Daily Telegraph, or if it's taken from somewhere else. Nonetheless, it confirms the first concert of the Australian leg!

Very Happy

And according to this thread over at mygnrforum.com according to Australia's rock station Triple M, Axl has demanded the withdrawal of all his quotes used on the official press release that was sent around the country announcing the band's upcoming appearance at this year's Sydney 500 V8 Supercars street race.

So basically we have an unconfirmed withdrawel of some unconfirmed quotes.

I would like to see the official press release and I would like to see the demand for withdrawel for all I know all this could be fabricated by the organizer to get press.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by toucan Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 1:23

I haven't heard anything about a withdrawal of quotes but i dont listen to that radio station. I'm just outside of sydney and listen to a local station. But i was in Sydney all this week visiting family (school holidays) and had MMM on but only heard the advertising for the V8's and GNR.
toucan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 21 Jul 2010 - 8:34

Seems like the only show in US in 2010 is the Sturgis show, at least according to the promo video.

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 13:59

toucan wrote:Hey Soulmonster!, I cant wait..got my ticket today...very excited!

Hi toucan, how was the show? And are you happy about the coming Australian concerts?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by toucan Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 6:57

Hey soulmonster!

I'm still excited to be seeing them in December...even with the shocking week they have had!

I have been thinking of taking the kids to it, but am a bit worried. (Husband will be away that weekend) Kids are free so i have 4 tickets for them. After a day of car racing not sure how they will handle the late night. I already plan on sitting in the stand and not on the floor, but i reckon they will be curled up asleep waiting!! Me , i dont mind the wait!

My son is determined to go, hes already told everyone he's going. including his guitar teacher! and is learning to play KOHD. He's only 8! The girls are thinking of staying at a friends house for the night. They want to come but it might not be there music (think bieber and hiphop...i know i've failed!)

Anyway take care!!
ps...hows your baby?
toucan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 11:44

I just hope they will make it to Australia, this week must have taken it's toll on the band Shocked

My girl is doing excellent. She's 7 months now and enjoying life. And I'm at home on paternity leave. 22 weeks in total Carefree
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by toucan Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 14:16

Thats great about your little girl...and fantastic paternity leave!!!!

We have just gone into spring and its starting to warm up so i reckon Guns n' Roses should come here as early as they can and enjoy the sunshine and relax before they start the dates here in Australia!

They need an afternoon sitting in our 'locals' beer garden with a schooner of Tooheys and a plate of chips and to put a few bets on the horses. Hey its what we plan to do this sunday as it will be Fathers Day here!

When they get here they need to come just north of Sydney...its more relaxing!!
toucan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 16:53

Ooh...I've never wanted this much visiting Australia. You seem like such a relaxed people. Not that I'm not very much relaxed for the time being. But there seems to be something about the Australian vibe, and winter'c coming and I am not very fond of cold.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down