APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.04.05 - Kerrang - Stars pay tribute to Nirvana and Kurt Cobain (Slash)

Go down

2019.04.05 - Kerrang - Stars pay tribute to Nirvana and Kurt Cobain (Slash) Empty 2019.04.05 - Kerrang - Stars pay tribute to Nirvana and Kurt Cobain (Slash)

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:57 am

K! STARS PAY TRIBUTE TO THE LIFE, LEGACY AND INFLUENCE OF NIRVANA AND KURT COBAIN

On the 25th anniversary of Nirvana man Kurt Cobain’s death, Kerrang! stars pay their respects…

Nirvana are rightly hailed as being one of the most influential bands of all time. Considering they only put out three full-length studio albums, that’s a hell of a feat. While it wouldn’t be fair to apportion all of the credit to their late frontman, Kurt Cobain, his talent, charisma, outlook and the indelible imprint he left upon the world can’t be denied.

Don’t just take our world for it, though. Here’s a selection of some of biggest names in Kerrang! paying tribute to Kurt and Nirvana’s enduring appeal…

SLASH, GUNS N’ ROSES

“It was kinda lame that music writers at the start of the ‘90s could only create an identity for the Seattle bands by setting them up as anti-Guns N’ Roses. I know writers like to consider the whole ‘birth of grunge’ as the death knell for Guns, but we were so big at that point that the emergence of the grunge bands didn’t really matter to us. Personally, I thought Nirvana were cool – I have four of their albums – but they weren’t as heavy or riff-oriented as Soundgarden or Alice In Chains, so those were actually my two favourite Seattle bands. I guess Axl [Rose] and Kurt Cobain had some issues, but Dave Grohl is on my album with Duff [McKagan], so at least one member of Nirvana didn’t hate me!”

----------
The rest of the article with the other interviews:
https://www.kerrang.com/features/k-stars-pay-tribute-to-the-life-legacy-and-influence-of-nirvana-and-kurt-cobain/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down