APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss: 'I wouldn't book the current Guns N' Roses again'

2 posters

Go down

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss: 'I wouldn't book the current Guns N' Roses again' Empty Reading And Leeds Festivals boss: 'I wouldn't book the current Guns N' Roses again'

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am

The organiser of the Reading And Leeds Festivals has ruled out booking the current line-up of Guns N' Roses again, but revealed he'd love to get the band's original line-up to play the event.

The band last played the event in 2010 and were booed by the crowd after arriving onstage more than an hour late. They also indicated that they were "declaring war" on the festival's promoters after their set was also cut short in Leeds. You can see footage of the fans' reaction at Reading 2010 by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking.

Melvin Benn, chief executive of organisers Festival Republic, who had previously said that he would definitely book the band again, told NME that he would not consider booking the 'Chinese Democracy' rockers again in their current state.

He said when asked if he'd have Axl Rose and co back at Reading And Leeds Festivals: "I wouldn’t have the current line-up, certainly not at the moment. It doesn’t feel right."

Then asked if he'd consider booking the band's original line-up, Benn replied he certainly would and that he'd make sure they all "had a watch each".

Asked about this, he replied: "Of course if it was the original line-up, I would definitely consider it and if they could tell the time, it would be fantastic. With the original line-up it would be something very special. We’d have to give them all a watch each, but we’d certainly try to get them if they reformed."

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/62715
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss: 'I wouldn't book the current Guns N' Roses again' Empty Re: Reading And Leeds Festivals boss: 'I wouldn't book the current Guns N' Roses again'

Post by Johan Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Like any promotor would NOT want to book the original line-up.

Fool.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7367

Back to top Go down