APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA

2 posters

Go down

1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA Empty 1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Date:
October 23, 1987.

Venue:
The Ritz.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Move to the City
03. Out Ta Get Me
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Welcome to the Jungle
06. My Michelle
07. Don't Cry
08. Rocket Queen
09. Nightrain
10. Sweet Child O'Mine
11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
12. You're Crazy
13. Paradise City
14. Reckless Life
15. Mama Kin

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1987.10.25.
1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1987.10.22.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76580

Back to top Go down

1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA Empty Re: 1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:11 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA Empty Re: 1987.10.23 - The Ritz, New York, USA

Post by Blackstar Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:49 am

Now, if you have known of us, then you know that we recently, a couple of months ago, lost a friend of ours. A little over a month ago, I OD’ed, and I ended up in a hospital called Cedars-Sinai. I was in a coma for about two days. When I got out of the hospital, the first person I saw was a guy named Todd Crew. Todd used to be in a band called Jetboy, and one of the reasons he got kicked out – Jetboy sucks. One of the reasons he got kicked out, was for hanging out with us. I think we were more friends than the people he knew all of his fucking life. When I got out of the hospital, the first person I saw was Todd, and I really didn’t wanna see anybody I knew, because I didn’t know if I had any friends left. Todd came up to me, and gave me a hug and said, “You can’t do this to the family, man.” Two weeks later, Todd OD’ed here in New York. We tried doing this song without dedicating it to Todd, and every time we feel too fuckin’ guilty and we end up doing it anyway. And a friend told me that we won’t get over it till it happens again. So until then, this is for Todd. And this is “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door.” [Onstage at The Ritz, NY, USA, October 23, 1987]

I’ll do my best to make a point for what it’s worth. We’ve got a lot of people, a lot of magazines and a lot of things going, “It’s a glam band,” “It’s a metal band,” “It’s a glam metal band,” “It’s a hard rock band,” “It’s a thrash band,” “It’s a...”. Fuck it! It doesn’t make a good god damn whether my hair is up, my hair is down, or I’m fucking bald. It’s all fucking rock ‘n’ roll to me. [Onstage at The Ritz, NY, USA, October 23, 1987]
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87070

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:15 pm

Anthrax' Scott Ian talks about seeing GN'R at this show:

I did see Guns N' Roses when they played The Ritz, the first ever time in New York. That first tour through. And it was amazing. That album hadn't broke big yet. And they played The Ritz and it was kind of like you could see.... I mean, you couldn't see that they were going to become that bit but going into that show, because I was already a fan, I was like, "Wow, this band is great!" you know. So I got to see them early on before they all blew up and, you know, it was just great seeing a band like that because it was just so pure.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down