APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ)

2 posters

Go down

2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ) Empty 2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ)

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:14 am

The video is an hour long and contains interview with many artists.

Transcript:

10:00 Bumblefoot

Artisan News: Thank you for stopping by.

Bumblefoot: Thank YOU!

AN: So, first off, you're performing tonight-

Bumblefoot: Hopefully.

AN: [?]

Bumblefoot: Ah, it's great. I was here last year and presented a guitar award to the amazing John 5, it was a pleasure, and now I have the privilege to be back and to perform. So it's nice, I'm happy to be here. Very happy.

AN: Axl [?] Golden God, what do you think about that?

Bumblefoot: We'll see when he gets here, let's ask him.

Bumblefoot: I haven't asked him, I don't ask, that's like an interview question, I'm not like, "Axl, so tell me, what do you think about getting this award?" It's like, "Hey man, what songs are we doing tonight?"

AN: What songs are you doing tonight?

Bumblefoot: A lot of the classics, maybe something new....

AN: [On Duff being back in the band]

Bumblefoot: Well, he's filling in for Tommy while Tommy's doing the Replacement's tour. So Duff's kind enough to join us and it's great to have that kindling together, it's really nice. He's a sweetheart, he's a great guy. We jammed when he was with Loaded and doing that back in 2009, he came through New York and we did a little jamming, and I got to know him then, so it's real nice.

AN: [?] new album?

Bumblefoot: I'm working on a new album. Working on a new Bumblefoot album.

AN: Tell me about that.

Bumblefoot: It's coming out swimmingly. It's going to be fantastic, really good stuff. Digging deep, it's brutal, it's painful, like being in labor mentally, spiritually. I don't know what it's gonna sound like by the time it's done, I don't know what it's going to be, it's like throwing paint at the canvas you don't know until enough paint is there what it's going to be.

Bumblefoot: I don't know. At this point it's just me and my drummer Dennis and we're going to put it together and build it up from there. Now it's all in my mind and I have to get it out before I lose my mind.

AN: And how is it working on the new Guns N' Roses album?

Bumblefoot: See what happens.

AN: being in the band you know Axl. but what is the biggest misconception people have about him?

Bumblefoot: I don't know. What do you all think? What's your misconception?

AN: I don't know, so I don't have that kind of inside information.

Bumblefoot: Oh, I will tell you one thing, the guy, no matter what, he delivers 1000%. He makes sure no matter what that he can give it all he's got.

AN: You hanging with Yngwie Malmsteen this summer?

Bumblefoot: Yes! The Guitar Gods tour. It's going to be starting in mid-June to mid-July going through the US. [?] Guitar Gods. So it's going to be Yngwie, I will be playing with my band doing my music, we got Uli John Roth, got Gary Hoey, it's going to be a great lineup, a lot of great guitar stuff going on, yeah.

AN: Axl Rose didn't attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction of Guns N' Roses, and Kiss has some of the same issues Axl had with it?

Bumblefoot: Oh, the Rock and Roll? I totally understand where Axl's coming from with that. They wanted a sort of... I mean, I can't talk for him and I can't talk for them, but from what it seems like, it would have been great if it could be something that gave tribute to the entire history of the band, 25 years of the band, but it seemed like they just wanted to honor one segment and leave out a lot of other things. So..whatever. Didn't happen.

14:40 Andrew Dice Clay

Andrew Dice Clay: Hey, how you doing? This is Andrew Dice Clay, you listening to Artisan News.

22:35 Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper: Axl is just totally one of a kind.

22:45 Duff McKagan

Duff: I grew up in the school system of Seattle that had great music programs and... in the 70s, you know. And they were funded, great teachers, and my next-oldest brother came out of that too and became a music teacher. He's a music teacher here. [...] He got a Holland's Opus Award [?] like about seven years ago. And he's... I mean, I've seen him go through school and start teaching, he's taught the same school, raised money for the music program there kind of single-handedly, it's a public school [?] But he has one of the biggest jazz middle school programs in the country... my brother Matt. So he's really inspirational.

AN: On what he's teaching his daughter about being in a band.

Duff: It's really not even anything about music, music comes from your heart and other places that I can't teach you, but about sticking to it and if she's gonna have a band member like communication and practice, practice more, and if you say you're going to be places and do a gig and be [?] at 5, be there at 5. Just kind of simple things right now because she just started playing gigs, she's played like 7 gigs. [...] Yeah, the music part she's got sorted out, she really likes...she writes better songs than I do. Really great songs.

24:38 Alice Cooper

AN: What are your thoughts on Axl Rose getting the Ronnie James Dio award tonight? What makes him a Golden God?

Alice Cooper: Well, you know, I mean, Axl is just totally one of a kind, you know, we took them out on their first tour and I've been friends of Axl's since they became a band but I've been a friend of Slash too, I'm kind of in the middle of both of them. But I haven't seen Axl in 20 years, so it will be great to see him tonight.

27:10 Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach)

AN: Talk about the Golden Gods. What are your thoughts on Axl Rose getting the Ronnie James Dio award?

Jacoby Shaddix: Hold on! What's happening?

AN: Axl's getting the Ronnie James Dio award.

JS: I mean, it's pretty cool. You know, if Axl Rose shows up on time and performs on time then he deserves the award, if he doesn't, booo!

38:42 Zakk Wylde

AN: Axl is getting an award tonight, do you have any history with Axl, or memories of sharing some tours with him?

Zakk Wylde: Yeah, I mean, we went out with them not too long ago. We would get up and jam on Whole Lotta Rosie with the guys every night so it was a good time. I've known Axl for a...he's a great guy and obviously a legendary frontman and the whole nine yards.

39:20 DJ and Richard

AN: How are you? Thanks for stopping by, you guys.

Richard: Thank you.

AN: You are performing tonight. What are your thoughts about performing on Golden Gods?

Richard: We are excited to follow Zakk.

DJ: Zakk was nice enough to come here and be our bodyguard while we do this interview. We are with the Black Label thing.

AN: I talked a little bit with Ron a little earlier about Axl getting the award, have you talked to him about getting the prestigious Golden God?

Richard: I spoke to him a little bit about it the other night. He's not a big fan of awards in general when it comes to music. I've never met anyone with that much musical integrity. Like, he's the only guy I've ever seen in this business that refuses to do things solely for money and I have a lot of respect for him for that.

AN: On Duff being back in the band.

Richard: It's been fantastic.

DJ: It's been great for the fans, you know, it's great to share the stage with Duff. I mean, he's such a nice dude, great guy, and-

Richard: Great to spend time with him. He's really a fantastic human.

AN: Kiss just went through the same thing GNR did with the Rock Hall, what are your thoughts on the hall and not inducting all members?

DJ: I didn't even know about it - we were on tour. I didn't show up [laughs].

Richard: Yeah, we didn't go. [...] No, we didn't go.

AN: [?] new album, can you give us a little bit [?], how it's sounding [?]

Richard: There was a lot of stuff...We recorded basically, like, three albums' worth of material over the last 15 years, so there's a lot of old stuff that we're sort of re-tooling and bringing up as well as throwing out new ideas and things like that.

AN: What's the biggest misconception about Axl?

Richard: That's he's a dick [laughs]. He's actually a really solid dude. But, like I said, he's got more integrity than anybody I've met, it's all about the music, it's not about...Let people talk and he's just about the music.

AN: Are you working on a SIXX:AM album?

Richard: Yeah, are you? [looking at DJ]

DJ: Yeah, it's done. We finished it.

AN: What's that all about?

DJ: Really good. I'm excited about it. I think we're shooting to have it out towards the end of this tour, or like January of 2015.

DJ: Nah, two different people.

Richard: James is actually the lead singer.

DJ: Yes, James is the lead [laughing].

DJ: No, James is.

Richard: [laughing]

46:18 Andrew Dice Clay

AN: What makes a Golden God in your opinion?

ADC: You've got all the great rock stars of, you know, the last 20 years, you know, and for me, you know, it's an honor for me tonight because I get to bring on Axl and his band, you know, which I am a little bit nervous about because I've got a long history with them and the last time I introduced them at the Rose Ball, I screwed that intro up [laughs].

ADC: Well, you know what, when it's friends of yours you want to do it right. You know, it's not like nerves, it's not that I'm scared, it's just that I want to do the right thing.

AN: So you're friends with Axl What's the biggest misconception people have about him?

ADC: You know what, Axl is a very intricate guy, obviously. But any real artist is on a tilt, you know, to some people I'm considered a great artist and if you talked to my family they'd go, "Yeah, he's a little off." You know, you have to be a little off to do what we do.

49:51: Scott Ian

Scott Ian: This year Joan Jett's a Golden God.

AN. And Axl. Do you have any history or memories of performing or touring with Axl?

SI: We never toured together. I did see Guns N' Roses when they played The Ritz, the first ever time in New York. That first tour through. And it was amazing. That album hadn't broke big yet. And they played The Ritz and it was kind of like you could see.... I mean, you couldn't see that they were going to become that bit but going into that show, because I was already a fan, I was like, "Wow, this band is great!" you know. So I got to see them early on before they all blew up and, you know, it was just great seeing a band like that because it was just so pure.

1:01:45: Bam Margera

AN: Now, are you a fan of Axl Rose? Have you had a chance to meet him and what are your thoughts on his getting a Golden God tonight?

Bam Margera: Well, CKY, my brother's band, toured with them and it was the tour that Axl decided to simply not show up to a massive venue because I think wanted to see a football game instead and a riot happened, they broke a million dollar soundboard and then CKY was the only band that played. Then when Guns N' Roses didn't play everybody had a riot and smashed windows and whatnot.

AN: Would you have been in that riot smashing windows?

BM: If I was there, I definitely would have filmed it [laughs].

1:08:08 Ben Philips and Taylor Momsen

AN: What are your thoughts on Axl Rose getting the Ronnie James Dio award? You friends with Axl?

Taylor Momsen: Yeah-

Ben Phillips: Acquaintances.

TM: Acquaintances. We toured with them-

BP: And he should.

TM: Yeah.

AN: Any memories from that tour?

TM: He's amazing.

BP: Yeah, watching him kick ass every night. Pretty impressive.

AN: Biggest misconception about Axl?

BP: That he can't sing 2.5 hours of the most unbelievable acrobatics of vocals.

TM: Yeah.

BP: Pretty incredible.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ) Empty Re: 2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ)

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:28 pm

Anyone catch what Andrew Dice Clay is saying at the 46:43 mark when he talks about introducing the band at the Rose Ball?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ) Empty Re: 2014.06.01 - Artisan News - Revolver Golden Gods Black Carpet Special (Duff, Richard, Bumblefoot, DJ)

Post by Blackstar Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:31 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Anyone catch what Andrew Dice Clay is saying at the 46:43 mark when he talks about introducing the band at the Rose Ball?
"Like, the last time I introduced them at the Rose Bowl, I screwed that intro up."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 am

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:Anyone catch what Andrew Dice Clay is saying at the 46:43 mark when he talks about introducing the band at the Rose Ball?

"Like, the last time I introduced them at the Rose Bowl, I screwed that intro up."

Thank you! Finally finished this. It's taken a few months. Been incredibly busy lately. Don't expect that to change in the foreseeable future but I will take time to keep working on the interviews Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
Thank you! Finally finished this. It's taken a few months. Been incredibly busy lately. Don't expect that to change in the foreseeable future but I will take time to keep working on the interviews Smile
I've been busy, too. I was hoping to transcribe some earlier interviews, but I can just keep up with the current events and recent interviews.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down