APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan

2 posters

Go down

2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan Empty 2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan

Post by seely Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm

December 16, 2009 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Shackler's Revenge
06. If the World
Richard Fortus guitar solo (James Bond Theme)
07. Live and Let Die
08. Sorry
09. Rocket Queen
10. Prostitute
Dizzy Reed piano solo (Ziggy Stardust)
11. Street of Dreams
12. Scraped
Frank Ferrer drum solo
13. You Could Be Mine
Jam (Waiting On A Friend)
Axl Rose piano solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
14. November Rain
15. I.R.S.
Dj Ashba guitar solo (Ballad of Death)
16. Sweet Child O' Mine
17. Catcher in the Rye
18. Out Ta Get Me
Bumblefoot guitar solo (Pink Panther Theme)
19. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
20. Whole Lotta Rosie
21. This I Love
22. Nightrain
Encore:
23. Madagascar
24. Better
25. Sonic Reducer (Tommy on lead vocals)
26. Patience
27. Don't Cry
28. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Kyocera Dome Osaka.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Dj Ashba: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.
Notes:
Live debut of 'Prostitute', 'Scraped' and 'Catcher In The Rye'.

2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan Rightarrow Next concert: 2009.12.19.
2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan Leftarrow Previous concert: 2009.12.13.
seely
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5185

Back to top Go down

2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan Empty Re: 2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan

Post by Blackstar Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:26 am

Pre-show tweet from Axl via GN'R Daily (the original post in Twitlonger has been deleted), Dec. 17, 2009:

WTF was that?!? 3hrs 17minutes!!! A little carried away?!? Had no idea, time flies!! Just getting on that horse!! Anyway... Hope everyone had fun n' enjoyed the show. Can't believe we played Whole Lotta Rosie! Complete spur of the moment n' we hadn't played it b4 (at least together) catched a train to Tokyo!! Gettin' excited to play already!
Twitter, December 17, 2009
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down

2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan Empty Re: 2009.12.16 - Kyocera Dome Osaka, Osaka, Japan

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:29 pm

You know, there’s people… some people like the song and they heard it earlier and thought it might work for, like, a Bond movie or something. And that’s kind of how the song happened, basically trying to kinda write a combination between James Bond and black exploitation films of the ‘70s. And then you might notice, “You know, that chorus, it’s stupid.” Well, I agree. It was done on purpose. Just what we were doing was that we were making fun of really bad Bond songs, so we decided to make our own bad Bond song. So that was kind of fun. So this was fun, our Bond movie of “If the world will end today.” From the "black James Bond. "Black Bond"... "Bond... black Bond."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down