APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman

2 posters

Go down

2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman Empty 2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman

Post by seely Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Nothing especially exciting here, but it's rare to hear 'Mother Goose' speak...

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_848/136777-gunsnroses.html

Enjoy, boys n' girls

Transcript of first video:

Introduction: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer: [speaking Portuguese]

Ana Pitman: Okay, he wants me - me! - to explain how we met. My version and then your version.

Chris: Completely different versions. She found me.

Ana: No, you found me!

Chris: I chased her.

Ana and interviewer: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer, to Chris: She was crying,  the date?

Ana, to Chris: Because I... remember I told my boyfriend didn't show up for the date.

Chris: Oh yeah, and I showed up.

[laughter]

Chris: I showed up instead.

Interviewer: When you feel... what do you feel when you see the Ana?

Chris: Oh, are you kidding? Like, look at that! Beautiful, yes. Just pure love.

Interviewer: What do you know... what did you know about Brazil when you came-

Chris: Nothing. Just very little. I didn't know Rio was so beautiful and when we played Rock In Rio, there is almost 300,000 people, and it was our first show, kind of, with the new lineup and it was the greatest thing ever, you know, it was just mind-blowing. I was like, you couldn't, I couldn't explain it in words.

Interviewer: You changed her life.

Ana: You did.

Chris: She changed mine.

[laughter]

Chris: Really changed mine.

Interviewer: Good, right?

Chris: Oh yeah. It's fantastic.

Ana: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer: Skype?

Chris: Yes, everywhere. Thank god for Skype!

Interviewer: You live in LA?

Chris: Yes. Hollywood.

Ana: Yeah, our guest house is a studio.

Chris: Si, si.

Interviewer: You are very perfectionate.

Chris: Yeah, neurotic, crazy.

[laughter]

Chris: But that's a... that's your life. Your work is your life, you know.

Interviewer: What do you can... speak about Axl Rose? Because the Axl is a very special a guy.

Chris: Oh yeah, here's a very special guy. Just one of a kind, you know, no artists like him. And when I just met him and worked with him at first, you know, you don't know how you're gonna work together, but he was very convicted. Everything he does is all about his music or his art and when you see someone convicted, very convicted, with their art you want to be with it, you know. You wanna-

Interviewer: He's perfectionist like you?

Chris: Oh, I see, ya. He's worse than me.

Interviewer: What do you hope about the the next Rock in Rio?

Chris: You know, I have no expectations.

Interviewer: Really?

Chris: Yeah, because when you expect something, it's usually different.

Interviewer: Yeah, that's true.

Chris: You know, so I just go with the flow and I know it's gonna be fantastic. It can't be the same as ten years ago so I don't expect that, you know, ten years ago. But it's gonna be new discovery, you know, it'll feel new. Plus always playing for Brazilian people is lovely, it's a warmth you get from the audience, you know.

Interviewer and Ana: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer: This is your first time in Florionapolis?

Chris: Yes, first time in Florionapolis [?]. Yes, first time south here. Beautiful, beautiful.

Interviewer: I see you ate a lot of meat here?

Chris: Oh yeah, this is it the best food in all of Brazil.

Interviewer: Really?

Chris: Yeah, I've, you know, I've been to different cities but...you have different [?]. This one, amazing.

Interviewer and Ana: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer: Is it different, tonight you play here, it is difference, the pocket [?] show?

Chris: Very different, yes.

Interviewer: Can you explain about the little show?

Chris: Yeah, it's a DJ show that I a mix rock and roll music with electronic dance music.

Interviewer: You can, you put the guitar it, the Guns, the special Guns guitar?

Chris: I'll play... like tonight, I'll play bass guitar and synthesizer along with music for maybe five or six songs and then I move to more electronic music and twist knobs you know and play keyboards.

Ana: Yeah, [?] have more fun doing that than the big show.

Interviewer: [?] special?

Chris: Yeah actually, yes, yeah, because I don't, you know, I change every show, it's all original, I try to make every show completely different whereas if you're touring with a large band you kind of do the same show over and over.

Interviewer: Honeymoon here?

Chris & Ana: Yes, yes.

Chris: Finally! Thank you Fernando [?].

Interviewer: Thank you very much, you are a very, very nice guy.

Chris: It was great to meet you. Love Florianapolis! And Brazil!

Transcript of second video:

Introduction: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer: Tell me about your song, your music in the movie [?], special moving [?] Brazil.

Chris: It's a great movie, I love -

Interviewer: [?]

Chris: Because the story is so good. Great story about it, so... when I heard about the story and Total Films, great film company, and the director, Marco-

Interviewer: Yes, Marcos-

Chris: Please Marco, get well! They just have a good production and I saw some of the film footage and Andre Meraois [?] came to Los Angeles to the studio - we just played rock music real fast, we just kind of wrote it really fast, recorded it.

Interviewer & Ana: [speaking Portuguese]

Chris: I like the people, I like the, what they do, what they are doing. The forum, it is more than just music. They need these type of festivals in America, Europe - it would be nice, because young people with fresh ideas, that's how you change the world.

Interviewer: You can feel the difference in Brazil, the people, the think, about this.

Chris: Oh yeah.

Interviewer: And the American, the culture [speaking Portuguese].

Ana: I guess it is like an overall thing, the whole planet is trying to think... what do you say?

Chris: Well, we have to do something [laughs]. We got to do something.

Interviewer: It is necessary.

Chris: Yes, very necessary. You know, it's evolution. We evolve as a civilization and make a better planet for kids and everyone.

Interviewer & Ana: [speaking Portuguese]

Interviewer: Thank you so much.

Chris: Thank you. Isn't she lovely? [kisses Ana]

Interviewer: Yes, true, true. You are a lucky guy.

seely
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5186

Back to top Go down

2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman Empty Re: 2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks! I embedded the video:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman Empty Re: 2011.08.24 - Bon Vivant Record News - Video interview with Chris Pitman

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:43 am

Transcribed this interview.

It was from Chris and Ana's honeymoon in Brazil (Ana is Brazilian). Chris was also doing music shows there at the time.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down