APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.02.26 - Brasil Tennis Cup - Interview with Chris Pitman

Go down

2013.02.26 - Brasil Tennis Cup - Interview with Chris Pitman Empty 2013.02.26 - Brasil Tennis Cup - Interview with Chris Pitman

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:14 pm

Transcript:

Interviewer: So Chris, you told me you used to play tennis. How was it for you?

Chris: Yeah, I was like all sports... fantastic. In America, you know, it is a huge sport in the 70s and 80s and, you know, football, basketball and tennis. And the stars back in my time, John McEnroe and Ivan Lendl, those guys, and it just kept going, so American tennis was huge. I love tennis. But I'm from Kansas City so they never had professional matches there, you know, so you just watch it on TV. This tonight would have been my first time to see it, pro tennis, so that's kind of bummed out, yeah.

I: You know, do you know Venus personally?

Chris: No, but I mean, her and Serena are like the greatest ever, you know, women champions. I mean, my gosh, they've been doing it for so long and they've won everything, what, 50 times? I don't know. But I'm hoping I get to say hi to her. To me it's like seeing Muhammad Ali or someone, you know, at the top of their game, beating everybody. That's pretty amazing. You know, when you get a true champion that, you know, it's rare, it's very rare, so you're lucky. And for this city to happen is fantastic. Floripa, pro tennis, I love it.

I: And how has been your experience in here?

Chris: It's great. I came down to play a show Friday night at the Posh Club and it was fantastic. It's a electronic DJ show and as always it's amazing playing for Brazilian fans. People are just so receptive and nice. So we had a great time and my other buddies who play with me flew back to the United States, I stayed here to see the tennis match. [?] tomorrow. Hopefully I get to see [?] I'm with you man, I'm with you.

I: [?]

Chris: Yeah, so tomorrow. There you go.

I: All right, thank you, Chris.

Chris: Thank you very much. Take care.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down