APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.03.25 - Three Chords & The Truth/Planet Radio - Duff McKagan on AC/DC rumours: 'Even Slash texted asking if I was joining'

Go down

2024.03.25 - Three Chords & The Truth/Planet Radio - Duff McKagan on AC/DC rumours: 'Even Slash texted asking if I was joining' Empty 2024.03.25 - Three Chords & The Truth/Planet Radio - Duff McKagan on AC/DC rumours: 'Even Slash texted asking if I was joining'

Post by Blackstar Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:49 am

Duff McKagan on AC/DC rumours: 'Even Slash texted asking if I was joining'

He's spoken for the first time about the "rumour mill"

Guns N’ Roses legend Duff McKagan has spoken for the first time about the rumours circulating earlier this year that he was joining AC/DC as their new bassist.

Prior to the announcement of AC/DC’s Power Up European Tour in February, there was intense speculation online that Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan was being drafted in to replace Cliff Williams.

Williams took a brief break from retirement to perform at Power Trip festival last October, but it was widely understood that he wasn’t performing with AC/DC going forward.

Ultimately, AC/DC enlisted former Jane’s Addiction bassist Chris Chaney to “carry the torch for Cliff” on the summer trek, which includes two colossal shows at London’s Wembley Stadium.

In the latest episode of their Planet Rock show Three Chords & The Truth on Saturday (23rd March), Duff McKagan and his wife Susan Holmes McKagan addressed the AC/DC “rumour mill” earlier this year.

“So AC/DC had to get a new bass player – and I kinda know what’s going on there a little bit. We don’t need to say who it is,” Duff said.

When Susan noted that AC/DC have publicly announced Chris Chaney, Duff replied: “Ok, but it’s not me. So I’m getting texts, ‘Hey, congratulations on the new gig!’ Even Slash texted me, ‘Hey, are you doing the AC/DC gig?’

“Friends from Seattle, London, Australia, you name it I’ve been getting texts. I’m like, ‘It’s not me, where are you hearing this from?!’”

Susan added: “We love AC/DC. They’re such a kickass band. A great live band and a bunch of nice fellas.”

Agreeing, Duff continued: “If they need me for anything I’m there for them, but I’m not the new bass player.”

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/duff-mckagan-ac-dc-rumours/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down