APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles)

Go down

2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles) Empty 2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:32 am

Original article in Portuguese:
https://www.metropoles.com/colunas/leo-dias/brasileira-conta-detalhes-de-romance-que-prima-viveu-com-axl-rose

Auto-translation:

Brazilian [woman] tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose

On the bus, Axl, from Guns N' Roses, allegedly confessed that he always saw her at concerts and that he was attracted by her

By Leo Dias

It seems that Axl Rose really has a thing for Brazilians and it wasn't just Ellen Jabour who won the heart of the Guns N' Roses leader. Janaína Godeffroy, from Pernambuco, who lives in Switzerland, was in love with the singer for over a year.

It all started in 2012, at a concert in Basel, Switzerland. Janaína and her cousin Waleska Vitorino lived in Lugano, but as they were fans of the band, they went to Basel to see them perform. Axl was leaving the venue when he met her. He asked the band's then manager to call Janaína and her cousin so that they could go to his bus to chat. On the bus, Axl allegedly confessed that he always saw her at gigs and was attracted by her. The chemistry struck and Axl and Janaína spent hours and hours alone on the bus. The next day, the singer asked the Brazilian woman to join him on the band's tour of Europe, but she couldn't go because she was with her dog, Zara, and had no one to leave her with. So they arranged to meet at the end of the tour at a concert in Spain. There, they partied after the show and got back together.

"Axl always showed that he wanted something serious with Janaína and asked us to spend a month in Las Vegas with him. We went and, it's important to say, we've always done these trips with our own money. Everything was wonderful there once again. Axl and my cousin got on very well. He called her Swiss Brazilian ("Swisilian"), and he called us "the cousins". The following year we did it again and went to Vegas at his invitation," says Waleska.

But the following year, the romance died down, as Waleska and Janaína fell out with a Guns Roses female manager, also Brazilian, who, according to them, had been harassing them since the beginning of their relationship: "She picked on us a lot and one day, during breakfast, she humiliated my cousin a lot, calling her bad names. She said that she wouldn't accept my cousin having a serious relationship with Axl and that she had already spoken to him about it. He would have to choose between her or my cousin," said Waleska.

"We're family and we didn't accept the way she (the manager) treated us and decided not to go to the next show in Vegas. My cousin sent him an e-mail telling him all about it. We met with Axl a few years later at another concert in Bern. He once again wanted to spend the night with Janaína, but she didn't agree because she was already married. Nowadays, they're just friends and exchange messages on important dates like Christmas and birthdays," said Waleska.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:32 am

Video included in the article: Axl on his tour bus in 2012 hanging out with the Brazilian women; he tells a story about Rock In Rio 2001 and talks about Doug Goldstein

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.07.16 - Métropoles (Brazil) - Brazilian woman tells details of her cousin's romance with Axl Rose (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:33 am

Related article in Rolling Stone Brazil, July 17, 2020:
https://rollingstone.uol.com.br/noticia/colunista-revela-romance-de-axl-rose-com-brasileira/

Auto-translation:

Columnist reveals Axl Rose's romance with Brazilian woman

Guns N' Roses singer met fan after concert in Switzerland in 2012

Axl Rose met a Brazilian fan after a show in 2012 and began a relationship that lasted about a year. The affair was revealed by Waleska Vitorino, cousin of the singer's ex, to columnist Leo Dias, in Metrópoles.

Janaína Godeffroy , a Pernambuco native living in Switzerland, was accompanied by her cousin during a Guns N' Roses show in Basel, Switzerland. Both met the band's frontman when leaving the concert hall and were invited to the group's bus to talk.

A video of Axl 's first meeting with the cousins ​​was published. After recounting some adventures from the tour, the vocalist confesses his attraction to Janaína. “These are torture from on stage. They are torture. I try to sing and 'What am I singing?'. It's distraction”, he joked. The Brazilian replied that she chose the outfit with the purpose of being noticed by the artist. “To mess me up? Evil. I noticed you many shows ago. I had Beta go down and ask who you are.”

According to the publication, the two spent hours alone that first night and Axl invited Janaína to go on tour with the band, but it was not possible. Both arranged to meet for the last show of the tour and continued to meet.

“Axl always showed that he wanted something serious with Janaína and asked us to spend a month in Las Vegas with him. We went and, it's important to say, we've always done these trips with our own money. Everything was wonderful there once again,” recalled Waleska. “He called her Swiss Brazilian and called us 'the cousins'. The following year we did it again and went to Vegas again at his invitation.”

The relationship came to an end after a fight between the cousins ​​and a Guns N' Roses manager. “She picked on us a lot and one day, during breakfast, she humiliated my cousin a lot, calling her bad names. She said that she would not accept my cousin having a serious relationship with Axl and that she had already spoken to him about it,” she reported. “We decided not to go to the next show in Vegas. My cousin sent him an email telling him everything that happened.”

Janaína and Axl met again a few years later, but the Brazilian woman refused the singer's invitation to go out because she was married. According to Waleska, the two continue their friendship and exchange messages on important dates.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down