APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles)

Go down

2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles) Empty 2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:53 am

Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign: 'America Deserves Better'

Axl Rose has called on Jerome Adams to resign.

The Guns N' Roses singer made the comment hours after the United States surgeon general refused to give a yes or no answer when asked if he would advise people to attend large gatherings over the 4th of July weekend.

Adams appeared on "Today" Friday (July 3) to talk about Fourth of July celebrations slated for Mount Rushmore and Washington, D.C., neither of which will make masks mandatory for people in attendance

Asked by "Today"'s Craig Melvin if he would "advise someone to go to a large gathering, yes or no," Adams responded: "Craig, it's not a yes or no. Every single person has to make up their own mind. There are going to be people going to beaches, going to barbecues, going to different environments and they have to look at their individual risk.

"As you mentioned, CDC says larger gatherings are a higher risk," he continued. "You have to take that into account again with whether or not you're at risk, whether you live with someone who is vulnerable. And then you have to take measures to stay safe. And the most important thing I would say to people is if you do go out to a gathering or in public, please wear a face covering."

Earlier today, Rose took to his Twitter account to write: "Jerome Adams is a: A coward b: A POS c: Both

"Resign. U don't deserve the job or title. America deserves better."

Adams saw Rose's tweet and responded, writing: "Hey Axl - appreciate your passion (and your music). How about helping me save some lives by sharing the message about being safe and using face mask coverings?"

Axl tweeted back: Awesome! N' thanks! U wanna start by telling peeps to avoid large gatherings? Or u want me to? Shame we didn't get that out there 4 this wkend like on TV."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-calls-on-u-s-surgeon-general-jerome-adams-to-resign-america-deserves-better
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:59 am

Later on the same day:

Axl was referring to this:
Aurora police chief fires 3 officers as part of Elijah McClain photo investigation
Interim Chief Vanessa Wilson calls actions of officers who mocked 23-year-old’s death “a crime against humanity and decency”

Aurora’s interim police chief on Friday fired two officers who posed for a photo reenacting a chokehold at the site of Elijah McClain’s violent arrest, and terminated a third officer who received the picture mocking the 23-year-old’s death last summer.

Jason Rosenblatt, the officer who received that photo and a second image, was one of the three officers involved in McClain’s death, but later was cleared of criminal or departmental wrongdoing.

“We are ashamed, we are sickened, and we are angry about what I have to share,” interim Chief Vanessa Wilson said at a news conference. “While the allegations of this internal affairs case are not criminal, they are a crime against humanity and decency. To even think about doing such a thing is beyond comprehension and it is reprehensible.”

Officers Erica Marrero and Kyle Dittrich were fired for posing for the photos in October with officer Jaron Jones, who resigned Tuesday after learning he would be terminated. The official cause for firing all of the officers: conduct unbecoming.

Wilson said she fired Rosenblatt because he received the photos via text and “replied with the inappropriate comment ‘ha ha.’ ”

“I am disgusted to my core,” Wilson said.

The photos, released Friday, were taken Oct. 20 near a memorial for McClain. Dittrich, Marrero and Jones had just completed a call for service in the area. Dittrich took the photos, then texted them to Rosenblatt and Nathan Woodyard, two of the three officers involved in McClain’s death, according to the internal investigation file.

During the investigation, the officers explained to Wilson that they sent the photos hoping to “cheer up a friend,” she said.

Woodyard was part of the investigation but wasn’t disciplined because he didn’t reply to the text and deleted the photos, Wilson said, adding that the officer told her he was “devastated by this and disgusted.”

Dittrich told internal affairs investigators that the chokehold photo was intended to cheer up Woodyard, according to documents released Friday.

“I thought it would be funny if we took a photo there,” Dittrich told investigators, referring to the roadside memorial to McClain. “…Officer Jaron Jones put his arm around my head kind of in a half buddy-buddy, but also sort of as homage to the carotid control hold.”

Wilson denied the officers a chance to appear before the department’s Independent Review Board.

“Nothing was going to change my mind on termination,” she said. “It is a privilege, not a right, to wear this badge.”

Aurora Mayor Mike Coffman said he agreed with Wilson’s decision, but added that the city must act beyond the firings, including completing the independent investigation into McClain’s death. [...]

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/07/03/elijah-mcclain-aurora-police-photos-officers/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.07.03 - Twitter/Blabbermouth - Axl Rose Calls On U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams To Resign (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 1:00 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down