APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles)

Go down

2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles) Empty 2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:00 pm

Last edited by Blackstar on Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down

2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles) Empty Re: 2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Most news outlets interpreted the tweet as GN'R taking a jab at Steven Tyler.

Blabbermouth, same date:
-------------------------------

Guns N' Roses Pokes Fun At Steven Tyler For Taking Credit For Band's Reunion

Guns N' Roses has tweeted a sarcastic thank-you note poking fun at people who have publicly taken partial credit for the reunion of several members of the band's classic lineup.

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler said earlier this week that he played a role in getting singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash back together. He said during an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show": "I'm sure I'm not solely [responsible for the reunion]. But I did meet Axl in a couple of clubs a year ago and two years ago and three years ago. I bumped into him, and I had that talk… I said, 'You need to get fucking back together again soon, because we all miss you.'"

Tyler added that he had taken advice given to him by Jon Bon Jovi and passed it on to Axl, telling him: "You've got to get it together. There's a place and a time where, if you don't, you're going to miss it."

Andrew Dice Clay has also implied that he had a hand in bring Slash and Axl back together. The comedian, who has been friends with GN'R road manager Tom Mayhew for many years, claimed in a recent interview that the guitarist's infamous "Happy Birthday" tweet to Axl in February 2015 came after Dice told Mayhew that they needed to get Slash to tweet something good about the singer.

Guns N' Roses' latest tweet, which appears to be a direct reaction to Tyler's claims, reads: "Guns N' Roses would like to respectfully thank the many people taking credit for our upcoming shows and everything in between. Especially those whom we haven't spoken to in numerous years who, through the power of media, have somehow served a pivotal, even if non-existent, role. We and the fans thank you!"

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-pokes-fun-at-steven-tyler-for-taking-credit-for-bands-reunion
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles) Empty Re: 2016.01.28 - Twitter - Guns N' Roses responds to people taking credit for the reunion (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:10 pm

Ultimate Guitar, same date:
-----------------------------------

GN'R Ridicule Steven Tyler for Claiming He Played a Role in Their Reunion

Guns N' Roses have seemingly made fun of Aerosmith vocalist Steven Tyler for claiming he had a role in the band's reunion.

The boys noted through their social channels: "Guns N' Roses would like to respectfully thank the many people taking credit for our upcoming shows and everything in between."

Taking a nice little jab, the guys added: "Especially those whom we haven't spoken to in numerous years who, through the power of media, have somehow served a pivotal, even if non-existent, role. We and the fans thank you!"

Tyler previously commented about his role in the whole thing: "I'm sure I'm not solely responsible, but I did meet Axl in a couple of clubs a year ago and two years ago and three years ago.

"I said, 'You need to get fucking back together again soon, because we all miss you.' Same thing someone said to me when Joe [Perry] and I were fighting.

"'You've gotta get back together. What are you, crazy?' In fact, it was Jon Bon Jovi. I'm in rehab. He calls me up and goes, 'What the fuck are you in rehab? The world needs you. We're out here ripping it up, and everybody's asking for Aerosmith. You need to get out of here, because people in the world need you.'

"So I'd say to Axl, 'You've gotta get together. There's a place and time where if you don't, you're gonna miss it.'

"And in another four or five years, no one's gonna even know who they were or care if they're on tour, and that's Steven Tyler's opinion. And also, I'm the lead singer of another great band, so I have a right to feel that way. I have such a huge ego about keeping the fire and the music together.

"Because if people come up to me and say, 'Dude, I got laid to your music,' or a woman comes up to me and says, 'We got married to your songs.' You had something to do with the fabric of people. Guns N' Roses had something to do with the fabric of humans on this planet, so I get fucking pissed."

Asked if he thinks the GN'R reunion will last, Tyler replied: "The point is they're talking to each other. They got an offer for something, and at least they're going out. I think the world needs to hear their music. End of story.

"I can only hope that Axl sees that the greater picture is to not be angry at Duff or Slash, for Axl to understand that he's the lead singer in a great band and the world wants to see Axl with the original band. They love him alone too. He's the shit alone.

"He's fucking great. Axl's great."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnr_ridicule_steven_tyler_for_claiming_he_played_a_role_in_their_reunion.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:13 pm

NME, same date:
-----------------------

Guns N’ Roses mock Steven Tyler for trying to take credit for their reunion

Aerosmith frontman said he had urged Axl Rose to reform band after meeting him in a nightclub

By David Renshaw

Guns N’ Roses have poked fun at Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler and anyone else attempting to claim they convinced the band to reunite.

Tyler appeared on The Howard Stern Show yesterday (January 27) and was asked by the host what he though of the reunion. While answering the question he began explaining what he felt was his own role in the band’s decision to get their original line-up back together.

“I’m sure I’m not solely [responsible], but I did meet Axl in a couple of clubs a year ago and two years ago and three years ago,” he said. “I bumped into him, and I had that talk…I said, ‘You need to get fucking back together again soon, because we all miss you.'”

yler then continued: “So I’d say to Axl, ‘You’ve gotta get together. There’s a place and time where if you don’t, you’re gonna miss it.’ And in another four or five years, no one’s gonna even know who they were or care if they’re on tour, and that’s Steven Tyler’s opinion. And also, I’m the lead singer of another great band, so I have a right to feel that way. I have such a huge ego about keeping the fire and the music together. Because if people come up to me and say, ‘Dude, I got laid to your music,’ or a woman comes up to me and says, ‘We got married to your songs.’ You had something to do with the fabric of people. Guns ‘N Roses had something to do with the fabric of humans on this planet, so I get fucking pissed.”

However, Guns N’ Roses appear to have taken against the idea that anyone but Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan decided they should reform for a series of festival dates and arena shows. A tweet sent from their official Twitter account shortly after the Howard Stern Show aired, made this clear.

Guns N’ Roses will make their live return in Las Vegas with two gigs at the T-Mobile arena on April 8 and 9. Both dates precede their headline appearance at Coachella the following weekend.

Original members Slash and Duff McKagan will step out on stage with frontman Axl Rose at the US festival in April. Further live dates, including rumours of UK festivals and a stadium tour, remain unconfirmed at present.

Coachella will mark the first time since 1993 that this line-up of the band have performed together.

Slash buried the hatchet with frontman Axl Rose in 2015 after nearly 20 years of bad blood between the pair. He previously declined to comment on the possibility of a reunion, having always ruled it out in the past.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n-roses-34-1200205
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:17 pm

Stereogum, same date:
-----------------------------

Guns N’ Roses Masterfully Subtweet Steven Tyler

According to Steven Tyler, you should be thanking (or blaming?) Steven Tyler for the upcoming Guns N’ Roses reunion. When the Aerosmith frontman stopped by The Howard Stern Show yesterday, as Blabbermouth reports, he claimed that he was at least partly responsible for convincing Axl Rose to get the band back together:

I’m sure I’m not solely [responsible], but I did meet Axl in a couple of clubs a year ago and two years ago and three years ago. I bumped into him, and I had that talk…I said, “You need to get fucking back together again soon, because we all miss you.” Same thing someone said to me when Joe [Perry, Aerosmith guitarist] and I were fighting. “You’ve gotta get back together. What are you, crazy?” In fact, it was Jon Bon Jovi. I’m in rehab. He calls me up and goes, “What the fuck are you in rehab? The world needs you. We’re out here ripping it up, and everybody’s asking for Aerosmith. You need to get out of here, because people in the world need you.”

So I’d say to Axl, “You’ve gotta get together. There’s a place and time where if you don’t, you’re gonna miss it.” And in another four or five years, no one’s gonna even know who they were or care if they’re on tour, and that’s Steven Tyler’s opinion. And also, I’m the lead singer of another great band, so I have a right to feel that way. I have such a huge ego about keeping the fire and the music together. Because if people come up to me and say, “Dude, I got laid to your music,” or a woman comes up to me and says, “We got married to your songs.” You had something to do with the fabric of people. Guns ‘N Roses had something to do with the fabric of humans on this planet, so I get fucking pissed.

According to a masterful subtweet from Guns ‘N Roses, however, no, you actually don’t need to be thanking and/or blaming Steven Tyler for anything:

Something tells me that those thanks are less than sincere!

Even if he didn’t have anything to do with the GNR reunion, though, it’s still been a big week for Steven Tyler. He also got schooled on relativity and cell phones by fellow Late Show guest Neil DeGrasse Tyson backstage on Colbert, and he somehow managed to walk into CNN’s live blizzard coverage in New York. Watch both of those incidents below.

https://www.stereogum.com/1855765/guns-n-roses-masterfully-subtweet-steven-tyler/news/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down