APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.05.20 - Lucas H. Gordon Channel - Interview with Steven

Go down

2018.05.20 - Lucas H. Gordon Channel - Interview with Steven Empty 2018.05.20 - Lucas H. Gordon Channel - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:54 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down

2018.05.20 - Lucas H. Gordon Channel - Interview with Steven Empty Re: 2018.05.20 - Lucas H. Gordon Channel - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:58 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
--------------------------------------

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler says that he has "never been happier" after recently celebrating four years and four months of sobriety.

During an interview with Argentinean rock journalist Lucas H. Gordon at this month's Ride For Ronnie motorcycle ride and concert, Steven was asked how is health is at the moment. He replied: "My health is fabulous. Actually, tomorrow I will have four years and four months of no drinking. And I haven't done drugs since 2008. So I've never been happier.

"After, like, the ninth month of not drinking, my whole life did a 180[-degree turn]," he continued. "Everything changed. I became happy again. I love life again. I enjoy the sunsets. I enjoy the sunrise. It's beautiful."

Steven, who was famously kicked out of Guns N' Roses in 1990 for his rampant drug use, went on to describe his daily routine. "I wake up," he said. "The first thing I do is I read 'The Four Agreements'. It's a book from Don Miguel Ruiz. [The book's mantra is] be impeccable with your word; don't take things personal; don't make assumptions; and always do your best — no more no less. I read a little of that, I have my decaf tea, I go on the treadmill and I do a little jogging to stay in shape, and then I practice. It's all mind, body and soul. So I read the book for my mind, I do the treadmill for my body, and I play the drums for my soul. And then the rest of the time, I sit round and watch 'Family Guy' with my dogs."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-celebrates-four-years-and-four-months-of-sobriety
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down