APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven

Go down

2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven Empty 2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:55 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87962

Back to top Go down

2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven Empty Re: 2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:59 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
----------------------------------

Steven Adler is working on a new book called "Steven Adler: The Shit My Friends Remember I Did". The former Guns N' Roses drummer spoke about the project during an interview with Eric Blair of "The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show" at last Friday's (October 6) "Bowl For Ronnie" event in Studio City, California.

"I was doing drugs for the last twenty-five years — well, not the last three and a half, but before, for twenty-five years, I drank, I did drugs — and now that I'm sober, I'm talking to people and they're telling me stories, and it's just blank up there [in my head]; there's nothing there," he said. "So I decided I'm gonna put a book together [as a] reminder of the stories. And I know, of course, I owe apologies to many, many girls around the world. When I was drinking and drugging, I would do and say things I would never normally say. So I hope you accept my apology. You know who you are. [Laughs]"

Adler recently started a web site called Steven Adler Stories where fans can share their personal tales about the drummer for possible inclusion in the book. All submissions should be between twenty and a hundred-and-twenty-five words.

Asked what his secret is to staying sober in his late forties and early fifties, Adler told Blair: "You know, it's just keeping busy and it's just something that happened. It just snapped in my head one day. I was on my way, like I usually did, year after year, I would walk to the liquor store and I would be there before it would open. And just one day, I was walking out my front door to go to the liquor store and just something snapped in my head, and [I said to myself], 'I can't do this anymore.' And I woke my wife up and she took me to an AA meeting, and it started from there. One day at a time. And now I've got three years, seven months and three weeks [sober], and it's like that. After the first year, it's just like you don't even think about it. And I quit smoking cigarettes three months ago. That was just like drinking — it was something I hated doing and hated, but I couldn't stop. And then I did some iowaska, and I focused and prayed on that, and within ten days I was able to stop. Now I smoke these little Clint Eastwood cigars, like three or four a day, which is nothing compared to… There's no chemicals in it; just tobacco rolled. Instead of thirty chemical-laden cigarettes. I'd stink [when I smoked cigarettes]. If you notice, I don't stink right now."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-drummer-steven-adlers-new-book-will-recount-stories-he-doesnt-remember
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven Empty Re: 2017.10.06 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:34 pm

A few days before this interview (and before the performance at "Bowl For Ronnie"), Steven played at "Ultimate Jam Night" in L.A.; Blabbermouth, Oct. 5, 2017:
---------------------------------------------

Steven Adler Performs Guns N' Roses Classics At 'Ultimate Jam Night' (Video)

Steven Adler paid tribute to the late King of The Sunset Strip, Mario Maglieri, during Tuesday night's (October 3) "Ultimate Jam Night" at the world-famous Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California.

The former Guns N' Roses drummer was joined briefly by radio personality Eddie Trunk before playing a four-song GN'R set, starting with "Welcome To The Jungle". Performing with Adler were members of Budderside, former Adler's Appetite singer Patrick Stone, guitarist Jacob Bunton, Colin Reid and L.A. Guns bassist Johnny Martin.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-performs-guns-n-roses-classics-at-ultimate-jam-night-video
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down