APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.10.26 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Duff

Go down

2014.10.26 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Duff Empty 2014.10.26 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:43 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87967

Back to top Go down

2014.10.26 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Duff Empty Re: 2014.10.26 - The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:47 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

On Sunday, October 26, Eric Blair of "The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show" conducted an interview with Duff McKagan and Duff's daughter Grace McKagan, who plays in the band The Pink Slips, on the red carpet at an evening of art with Billy Morrison and Joey Feldman benefiting the Rock Against MS foundation at Village Studios in Los Angeles, California. You can watch the chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by Blabbermouth.net).

On reuniting with Axl Rose and the current version of Guns N' Roses for some live shows earlier in the year:

Duff: "It was great going and playing those shows with him. We had a good time."

On whether he would consider doing some recording with Guns N' Roses again:

Duff: "I never say never to anything, actually, these days. I've kind of learned. You never know what's around the corner. And all that aside, I'm just glad he and I were able to get together and talk about some stuff and then laugh about a lot of other shit that happened."

On the status of Walking Papers:

Duff: "We just finished our second record. We actually over-recorded. We recorded 21 songs, and on the drive here, we were just listening, trying to pare it down to 12."

On what makes Walking Papers special:

Duff: "I think it's a unique band because, number one, Barrett Martin, the drummer, plays rhythms that are influenced by his time in Senegal and the Peruvian Amazon, and you just don't get that ever. [Laughs] Jeff Angell, his lyrics are hard, from living through it. We have a wacky and truly gifted keyboard player [Benjamin Anderson], and just the whole thing together, we're taking chances. I've never been one to just play safe music and think that's all there is to it. I get to be in a band that's pushing the envelope."

On whether he wants there to be another Velvet Revolver album:

Duff: "I don't think we're done. Yes."

On whether Velvet Revolver has any potential lead singers in mind to replace Scott Weiland:

Duff: "We played with some guys only two weeks ago, as a matter of fact. All really talented guys, but it's just… We'll know when he walks in the room, I think."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-doesnt-rule-out-recording-with-guns-n-roses-again-i-never-say-never-to-anything
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87967

Back to top Go down