APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy

2 posters

Go down

2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy Empty 2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy

Post by Blackstar Tue May 30, 2023 5:33 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down

2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy Empty Re: 2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy

Post by Blackstar Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

During an appearance on the latest episode of the "Appetite For Distortion" podcast, former Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson once again said that he believes the breakup of his marriage may have indirectly led to a partial reunion of the band's classic lineup.

Stinson was a member of the Axl Rose-fronted outfit from 1998 to 2014, but he had to quit when he became "a full-time dad", prompting the return of Duff McKagan for a South American tour.

"I got into a particular situation where I needed to be home," Stinson told "Appetite For Distortion" (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net). "And the tours that were being talked about, I had to make that kind of decision. And it was one of the hardest decisions I had to make, that I had no choice about; I really had to do it. It put me in a bad light with Axl, obviously, 'cause he was upset with that and didn't appreciate that at all."

Tommy continued: "I can't help but think that if [Axl] would look back now and look at what he did and what he's done since I quit, he might kind of be glad that happened. [Laughs] You know what I mean? I mean, for him to go out and tour with AC/DC was a huge thing in the annals of rock and roll anyway, but I can't imagine him now looking back and going, 'I wouldn't have probably done that had Tommy not quit and we'd just done those tours and just kept on going.' Getting the whole band back together wouldn't have happened — at least not then; might have maybe now. But I think everything is rocking and rolling for him pretty good. I can't imagine him not being grateful."

Stinson went on to say that he has "been to a couple of" Guns N' Roses concerts since his exit from the band. "I went to a couple of shows with my buddy Steve," he explained. "We're gonna go see 'em in Kansas in September, before Fortus's daughter goes to college, actually. I think I'm gonna try to make that show.

"It's funny to be on that side of the fence, for one," Tommy continued. "One of the shows I went to — I can't remember if it was K.C. or Philly — walking around with my buddy Steve, people are recognizing me, going, 'Hey, what are you doing here?' It was really funny 'cause my buddy Steve is a huge Guns N' Roses fan and we were having such a laugh about it. 'Cause we were walking around and people were kind of, like, 'Wow, there's Tommy Stinson. What are you doing here, man?' 'I'm here to see the show, like you are.' Yeah, we had a really good time doing that. It was funny."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/tommy-stinson-axl-rose-didnt-appreciate-me-leaving-guns-n-roses
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy Empty Re: 2023.05.29 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Tommy

Post by ludurigan Tue May 30, 2023 4:34 pm

I liked this quote:

Stinson also revealed that much of the material GUNS N' ROSES recorded during his tenure has yet to be released. "There's some stuff with lyrics, some without," he said. "We did a lot of stuff that was supposed to be on 'Chinese Democracy' — the record was meant to be more than one disc, but after spending so much time on it we just had to put an end to it. There's also stuff that was held over from [the original lineup] before they all disbanded, so there's some stuff that should someday see the light of day."

I wonder what that stuff is!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5496

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down