APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.01.18 - The Interrobang - Andrew Dice Clay Brought Guns n’ Roses Back Together

Go down

2016.01.18 - The Interrobang - Andrew Dice Clay Brought Guns n’ Roses Back Together Empty 2016.01.18 - The Interrobang - Andrew Dice Clay Brought Guns n’ Roses Back Together

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:35 pm

Andrew Dice Clay Brought Guns n’ Roses Back Together

Iconic comedian Andrew Dice Clay has always been bigger than life, but now he explained that like the Machavallian character he is, he laid the groundwork for the upcoming Guns n’ Roses reunion at Coachella.

Dice called comedian and columnist Jeffrey Gurian this week, and told his friend that over a series of months he connected with Gn’R members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagen, as well as road manager Tom Mayhew and helped to grease the wheels to get the reunion underway.

Back in February 2015, Slash surprised the music world by tweeting @AxlRose wishing him a Happy Birthday. According to Dice, he helped make that tweet happen when he told GnR road manager Tom Mayhew, who he’s been friends with for nearly three decades that they need to get Slash to tweet something good about Axl. Soon after, the infamous birthday tweet.

Dice says he’d run into Slash when he was performing in Australia and told Slash that Guns had millions of fans who would love to seem them get back together. He also opened for Axl at the Hard Rock in Vegas, and told Axl that it was time for the band to get back together. A few months later, Duff McKagen came to see Dice’s son’s band, previously known as L.A. Rocks, now Still Rebel . Dice says Duff told him Still Rebel was ready to break out. Dice, in return, mentioned to Duff that he thought Guns should get back together.

And now the band is set to reunite at Coachella and Slash and Axl will be on stage together for the first time since 1996. So maybe it is just a coincidence, or maybe Dice really is the force that brought together the most sought after reunion of the year. So thank Dice, Guns N Roses fans. Cause he may have made this happen.

Gn’R and Still Rebel aren’t the only ones having a big year. Andrew Dice Clay has a huge year ahead of him too, with a giant role in Scorsese’s Vinyl debuting February 14th on HBO, and a new Showtime series debuting on April 17th called Dice . Read more about Dice, his new series, and how he got the role in Vinyl and the more on the GnR story in Jeffrey Gurian’s Weekly Column out today.

https://theinterrobang.com/andrew-dice-clay-got-guns-n-roses-to-reunite/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down

2016.01.18 - The Interrobang - Andrew Dice Clay Brought Guns n’ Roses Back Together Empty Re: 2016.01.18 - The Interrobang - Andrew Dice Clay Brought Guns n’ Roses Back Together

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:38 pm

Another article on the same site (Jeffrey Gurian's column), same date:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Diceman Calleth, Drops Some Knowledge

Well, my phone went off at 2:44 A.M. one morning and I answered it in a fog, to hear someone say “ Get well soon Fuckface!” but the voice was unmistakable. It was Andrew “Dice” Clay, so I immediately woke up cause I don’t care what time “Dice” calls me, I’m always ready to talk to him. He’s always funny and always has great stories to share. He was outside a recording studio waiting for his sons Max and Dillon who were recording some new songs for their band, Still Rebel, including one called “Breathin’” which he said he really loves. Dice is so proud of his sons and says his son Dillon has the kind of stage presence that he himself had at a very young age. Dillon fronts the band and writes all the music. Dice described it as a 3 piece power band.

[...]

And there’s more! He told me a great story about how he helped to get Guns and Roses back together. He said he was performing in Australia and happened to run into Slash in his hotel. And he told Slash that Guns had millions of fans who would love to see them get back together. Then Dice was at The Hard Rock in Vegas and Axl Rose was in another room. Axl found out that Dice was there and had Dice open the show for him, and Dice also told him they should get back together. Dice was there with his wife Valerie and his two sons Max, 25, and Dillon 21. Dice said that after he opened the show Axl played for three hours. Then a few months later Dice ran into Duff McKagan who came to see Dice’s son’s band. They used to be called L.A. Rocks, but changed the name fairly recently Duff felt that Still Rebel was ready to break out. Dice, also mentioned to Duff that he thought Guns should get back together. The final step was telling Tom Mayhew, the road manager who’s been Dice’s friend for like 27 years that they gotta get Slash to Tweet something good about Axl, and he did. I think it was a birthday Tweet for Axl. Anyway it now looks like they’re getting back together again at Coachella and Slash and Axl will be on stage together for the first time since 1993.

https://theinterrobang.com/andrew-dice-clay-apap-conference-gotham-party/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down