APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles)

Go down

2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles) Empty 2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 pm

GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion

Last-minute changes?

Odd things are happening in Guns N' Roses camp, as the management is now forcing some of the members linked with the new lineup to deny the reunion.

Multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman, who was the only musician apart from Axl Rose to give a strong confirmation of his involvement with "semi-reunited" GN'R through such posts as "Gonna be a fun time 2016 #coachella #axlrose #GunsNRoses," has now "denied" the whole thing.

The man tweeted: "I was just informed by management to not acknowledge anything about Coachella, GN'R, etc. So there, denied! #GamesForDays"

He added: "When I said 'we are playing at Coachella' I meant me and my daughter like to play in the sand."

Additionally, Pitman removed the "Guns N' Roses, 1998 to present" tag from his Twitter page description.

The management's decision comes in a midst of the latest reports suggesting that drummer Steven Adler and guitarist Izzy Stradlin could be involved with the reunited Guns after all.

You can check out Chris' posts below.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnr_members_ordered_by_management_to_deny_reunion.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87071

Back to top Go down

2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles) Empty Re: 2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:54 pm

Blabbermouth, January 13, 2016:
----------------------------------------

Guns N' Roses Keyboardist Erases Coachella Comments From His Social Media Sites

According to The Pulse Of Radio, current Guns N' Roses keyboardist Chris Pitman has posted on Twitter that he has been asked by management to stop discussing the band's upcoming reunion performances at California's Coachella Music And Arts Festival and his own involvement in them. Pitman has also deleted information from his Twitter biography listing himself as a current Guns N' Roses member and edited old Facebook posts, replacing comments about the reunion with captions like "#GamesForDays."

Pitman originally posted "We are playing at Coachella 2016, look out!"

But he later tweeted on Monday (January 11),"I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc. So there, denied! #GamesForDays"

He added, "When I said 'we are playing at Coachella' I meant me and my daughter like to play in the sand."

Guns N' Roses has announced two headlining performances at the mid-April festival, with original members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan the only members confirmed so far.

The rest of the lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although Pitman, keyboardist Dizzy Reed, drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Richard Fortus are all believed to be involved.

The status of original members Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler remains unknown, along with that of "Use Your Illusion"-era drummer Matt Sorum.

Guns N' Roses began rehearsals last week for Coachella, with Slash posting a photo online of his guitar in the rehearsal room.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-erases-coachella-comments-from-his-social-media-sites
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles) Empty Re: 2016.01.11 - Ultimate Guitar - GN'R Members Ordered By Management to Deny Reunion (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:57 pm

Ultimate Classic Rock, January 13, 2016:
--------------------------------------------------

Guns N’ Roses Member Chris Pitman Deletes Coachella Tweets, Jokes About Media Blackout

Guns N' Roses fans who've been wondering what's the holdup with detailed information regarding the band's upcoming live dates — and reunion with former members Slash and Duff McKagan — may be able to take comfort in the knowledge that even some of the guys in the band are getting tired of waiting.

Judging from utility player Chris Pitman's social media accounts, members of the group have been sternly advised to continue the media lockdown — to the point that Pitman has been told not to say anything publicly about the band or its scheduled performances at this year's Coachella Festival. Unfortunately, he received that call after he'd already said too much.

In a series of now-deleted tweets, Pitman told fans "We are playing at Coachella 2016, look out!" — only to return and add, "I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc. So there, denied! #GamesForDays." Scrubbing all mention of his tenure in GNR from his feeds, he quipped, "When I said 'We are playing at Coachella,' I meant me and my daughter like to play in the sand."

Pitman, who's been with Guns N' Roses since 1998 and fills a variety of musical roles in the studio and onstage, has been rumored to be part of the 2016 lineup, although that's yet to be confirmed. The veil of secrecy surrounding the shows is starting to look a little silly, though, and Pitman's willingness to engage in a little public eye-rolling suggests we may be in for some good old-fashioned GNR drama whenever the band officially moves back into gear.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris-pitman-gnr-deleted-tweets/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down