APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.08.31 - Blabbermouth - It Will Take 'A 100 Lawyers 6 Months' Just To Get Classic Guns N' Roses Lineup Into A Rehearsal Room, Says Promoter

Go down

2015.08.31 - Blabbermouth - It Will Take 'A 100 Lawyers 6 Months' Just To Get Classic Guns N' Roses Lineup Into A Rehearsal Room, Says Promoter Empty 2015.08.31 - Blabbermouth - It Will Take 'A 100 Lawyers 6 Months' Just To Get Classic Guns N' Roses Lineup Into A Rehearsal Room, Says Promoter

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:25 pm

It Will Take 'A 100 Lawyers 6 Months' Just To Get Classic Guns N' Roses Lineup Into A Rehearsal Room, Says Promoter

Australian touring mogul and Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah has shot down rumors that a reunited classic lineup of Guns N' Roses will headline next year's edition of the event.

Internet chatter seemed to start on radio station Triple M when outspoken music fan and owner of Cherry Bar in Melbourne, James Young, took to the airwaves to say he had sources confirming to him the Guns N' Roses news.

Speaking to Music Feeds, Maddah said: "It's been nice for me personally to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans, but it is not happening for [next year's edition of Soundwave].

"I sure hope those guys do get back together again, as there has never been, or, as far as I am concerned, ever will be such a potent force for rock 'n' roll than the original GNR in full flight."

He continued: "If [a reunion of the classic lineup of Guns N' Roses] does happen, it is going to take longer than six months for the band to be ready to tour. I think it'll take a hundred lawyers six months just to get the five of them into a rehearsal room together. But if, by a miracle, it does happen, then, of course, I'll throw everything I can to be involved and it would be my last act as a promoter, as after that I'll have nowhere to go!"

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash confirmed on August 21 in a Swedish TV interview that he and GN'R lead singer Axl Rose were on friendly terms again, saying: "It was probably way overdue, you know. But it's…. you know, it's very cool at this point. You know, let some of that, sort of, negative… dispel some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long."

Asked if the thawing of his friendship with Axl could lead to a reunion of the band's classic lineup, Slash said: "Oh, I couldn't answer that one," before quickly changing the subject.

On the latest installment of his podcast, "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk revealed that he was told by Slash's management that the guitarist's recent comments were blown out of proportion by the media and the fans, and that Slash is laying low now when it comes to interviews. Trunk did say that he believes a classic Guns N' Roses reunion will eventually happen.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/it-will-take-a-100-lawyers-6-months-just-to-get-classic-guns-roses-lineup-into-a-rehearsal-room-says-promoter
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down