APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.05.12 - Strand Book Store - Duff McKagan & Alan Light: How to Be a Man (and other illusions)

Go down

2015.05.12 - Strand Book Store - Duff McKagan & Alan Light: How to Be a Man (and other illusions) Empty 2015.05.12 - Strand Book Store - Duff McKagan & Alan Light: How to Be a Man (and other illusions)

Post by Blackstar Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:05 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2015.05.12 - Strand Book Store - Duff McKagan & Alan Light: How to Be a Man (and other illusions) Empty Re: 2015.05.12 - Strand Book Store - Duff McKagan & Alan Light: How to Be a Man (and other illusions)

Post by Blackstar Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:31 pm

Excerpt from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

On May 12, former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan promoted the release of his much-buzzed-about new book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)", by taking part in a question-and-answer session at the Strand bookstore in New York City. You can watch video footage of his appearance below.

Asked what it was like reuniting with Axl Rose at five Guns N' Roses concerts in South America and the Revolver Golden Gods awards show in Los Angeles in April 2014, Duff replied: "Suddenly going back to do those songs, I sat down… There was a setlist… There was, like, 30 songs. My body knew the songs, my fingers knew the songs, but my ears… There was, like, some sort of weird hearing-the-band-for-the-first-time-ever sensation, because I hadn't listened to it for such a long time… It was kind of like… I don't know, man… [It was like] having a pair of pants when you were 20, then you gained a bunch of weight, and then you had a bunch of health problems, and then you got over the health problems and lost the weight, and now you're 50 and you're putting on those pants and they fit again. [And you're, like], 'All right. I've been though all this stuff, and those pants fit again.' And it was kind of like that, I guess."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-on-playing-with-gnr-again-there-was-a-weird-hearing-the-band-for-the-first-time-ever-sensation
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down