APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.05.25 - Behind The Velvet Rope/Blabbermouth - Interview with Duff

Go down

2015.05.25 - Behind The Velvet Rope/Blabbermouth - Interview with Duff Empty 2015.05.25 - Behind The Velvet Rope/Blabbermouth - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:22 pm

"Behind The Velvet Rope" host Arthur Kade (with the help of distribution partner Zonzia) recently conducted an interview with Duff McKagan. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by Blabbermouth.net).

On whether he is aware of the enduring influence of Guns N' Roses' music almost thirty years after the release of the band's debut album, "Appetite For Destrution":

"It's dawning on me. The last few years, it's kind of hit me, like, 'Oh, yeah… I guess we…' We did something that people still really care about it. And maybe it's because my kids are teenagers and I see all their friends, and they're really into it — they're into the band I was in when I was just a little older than them. And it's 2015. So it's dawning on me that we made an impact, yeah."

On the current rock scene:

"I don't really have a comment on the state of rock today, because, frankly, I'm probably just too old to make a comment on it. I know what's genuine, and that can be rock, it can be R&B. I think Bruno Mars is awesome. I think that's genuine R&B. 'Uptown Funk' is the best R&B song in thirty years or something, maybe — since 'Little Red Corvette' [from Prince]. It's the best genuine R&B song that I've heard in a long time."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-is-too-old-to-comment-on-current-state-of-rock
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85696

Back to top Go down