APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

New function: Recently shared images

2 posters

Go down

New function: Recently shared images Empty New function: Recently shared images

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:20 pm

Youu have probably already seen it on the landing page, you can also see images here: https://www.a-4-d.com/images
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

New function: Recently shared images Empty Re: New function: Recently shared images

Post by Blackstar Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:27 pm

The function doesn't seem to be available in the mobile version.

And since we are at it, the images in general don't appear for me at all in the mobile version.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

New function: Recently shared images Empty Re: New function: Recently shared images

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:42 pm

Blackstar wrote:The function doesn't seem to be available in the mobile version.

And since we are at it, the images in general don't appear for me at all in the mobile version.

Hmm. I need to look into that.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:06 am

I am still trying to find a solution to images not being shown when browsing the forum using the mobile version. For anyone affected, a workaround is probably to turn on "Web version" when using your phone. But I will try to find a proper solution to this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:22 pm

One of our javascripts cause the error. I am trying to figure out if it can be edited to fix the issue.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:34 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I am still trying to find a solution to images not being shown when browsing the forum using the mobile version. For anyone affected, a workaround is probably to turn on "Web version" when using your phone. But I will try to find a proper solution to this.
Another way to view the images when using the mobile version is to click on the "empty" space where the image should appear; it leads to servimg where the images are stored.

It's odd, because apparently the image links work, yet the images are not displayed on the mobile version of the forum.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:05 am

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:I am still trying to find a solution to images not being shown when browsing the forum using the mobile version. For anyone affected, a workaround is probably to turn on "Web version" when using your phone. But I will try to find a proper solution to this.

Another way to view the images when using the mobile version is to click on the "empty" space where the image should appear; it leads to servimg where the images are stored.

It's odd, because apparently the image links work, yet the images are not displayed on the mobile version of the forum.

Interesting.

Well, this is still a major problem. I could deactivate the javascript but then I lose the ability to automatically update the number of times songs have been played. This javascript is really only needed when the band is actively touring and can be turned off when they are done. But that could be years into the future. I don't know enough scripting myself to try to fix it. I will a bit more to see if someone of the forum for the forum offers to help.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:35 pm

The images in the history section are displayed when using the mobile version (except that the width of the image exceeds that of the page, so that would need to be fixed) . So another solution would be to apply the "historypic" css to all images or maybe create a new css for topic images. But of course that would solve the issue only for the images posted from now on (unless we go through each and every post containing images and edit them).

I applied it to the latest pictures I posted:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t7522-2022-11-29-adelaide-oval-adelaide-australia#29569
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:30 am

Blackstar wrote:The images in the history section are displayed when using the mobile version (except that the width of the image exceeds that of the page, so that would need to be fixed) . So another solution would be to apply the "historypic" css to all images or maybe create a new css for topic images. But of course that would solve the issue only for the images posted from now on (unless we go through each and every post containing images and edit them).

I applied it to the latest pictures I posted:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t7522-2022-11-29-adelaide-oval-adelaide-australia#29569
Well, it works with just the img html tag. So we'll have to use html for images instead of BBcode.

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down