APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995

4 posters

Go down

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Empty Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995

Post by Wilco Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:23 am

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Izzymattduff

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Izzyduff

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Duff-and-Izzy-guns-n-roses-34199365-500-337

Plus Duff, Izzy, Gilby, March 10th 1995
Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Duff-iz
Wilco
Wilco

Plectra : 1400

Uli and ludurigan like this post

Back to top Go down

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Empty Re: Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:22 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995 Empty Re: Rarely seen images of Duff, Izzy, Matt in the studio, 1995

Post by Izzy Dutch Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:25 pm

Cool stuff!

So appearantly 1 of those 10 songs is 'Ocean' or 'Down By The Ocean'. A song mentioned in a post '95 GN'R interview as a song that Izzy did for them after he quit. Jimmy Ashurst (JJH) has mentioned in the past that it was a JJH that was recorded in '93 at Trinidad, and Izzy mentioned that song was recorded atleast 5 times in the years following, including a version with Slash on it (1999 that Izzy did for Snakepit 2000 but wasn't used). And finally... he thought it was a good song but something didn't stick so he changed the arragement and lyrics etc. and it became 'Underground' on the River album (2001), which then also ended up as a reggae version 'Shall Walk' on the same album. Izzy and Taz had some studio time left and did the song with just the two of them. Taz drums and percussion and Izzy the rest.

And then a few years later, around '97 Izzy also did some stuff with Duff which can be seen on this picture if the tapes:
https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-secret-izzy-stradlin-recordings-revealed/
By the way it also shows some tapes Izzy/Duff/Taz did in '99 appearantly they also recorded some stuff back then! Perhaps these where some of the tracks they did with Slash aswell, just Izzy/Slash/Duff/Taz or as they called it 'Four Wheels No Axl' as Taz said. But I believe a lot of these tapes are having to do something with Duff... cause it's got a lof of stuff related to him. Except 'The Ya-Yas' that I haven't quite figured out yet, but... that was a '98 Seattle band that became quite hot in the live scene for a moment and I thought perhaps Duff had something to do with that, perhaps played bass on it. But they've never released something.

Anyways, they did a song called 'Toothpuller' and 'Machine Gun' - 'Toothpuller' was something Dizzy has mentioned, he heard the track in the studio cause Izzy showed it to him (was recording his solo album, my guess 177 degrees) and Dizzy dissed him cause Izzy did a song about getting his teeth pulled. Well, I'm pretty sure that song rocked AF Cool
Izzy Dutch
Izzy Dutch

Plectra : 592

ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:56 am

wow so cool

I am guessing these photos were taken like 2 minutes before Neurotic Outsiders started

I am also guessing that if Matt was involved in the studio sessions then this could be very well be Izzy and Duff demoing some songs for Axl that never got used!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5311

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down