APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt

Go down

2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt Empty 2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Fri May 06, 2022 8:39 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down

2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt Empty Re: 2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Fri May 06, 2022 8:41 am

Transcribed excerpt from Brave Words:
-------------------------------------------

In the latest episode of AXS TV's "At Home And Social", which is available for streaming below, drummer Matt Sorum sits down with host Katie Daryl to discuss his autobiography, Double Talkin' Jive - True Rock Stories From The Drummer Of Guns N' Roses, The Cult, And Velvet Revolver, which will be released May 10th via Rare Bird.

One of the tales regaled by Sorum involves the age-old tradition of trashing hotel rooms, an excerpt has been transcribed as follows:

"There's another part of the book where I swing from the chandelier. I was watching Robin Hood - the very old one with Errol Flynn - and I had too much Jagermeister. The scene where he comes down the staircase and swings from the chandelier... I just remember thinking, I could do that. So, I ran across the room, and I catapaulted myself onto the chandelier."

"Back in the days of GN'R, we used to trade off on the presidential suite. So, certain towns we would pick. Like Minnesota was my family, so I'd get the big room. Axl would get it when he was in his home town, that kind of thing. So I'm swinging from the chandelier, but unfortunately it comes out of the ceiling and lands on top of me. I'm holding on to a bunch of pieces that had broken off, and the security comes up. In those days, we had fake names. My name was Dr. Canard Lingus. Anyway, they knock on my door, and they actually say, 'Dr. Lingus, you're disturbing Mr. Ernest Borgnine next door.' I'm like, 'Ernest Borgnine from The Poseidon Adventure! Are you kidding me?' And I ended up paying, that chandelier was something stupid like ten grand. There's a bunch of those fun stories."

https://bravewords.com/news/former-guns-n-roses-drummer-matt-sorum-i-m-swinging-from-the-chandelier-but-unfortunately-it-comes-out-of-the-ceiling
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt Empty Re: 2022.05.05 - AXS TV - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Thu May 12, 2022 1:29 am

Another excerpt from Blabbermouth:
--------------------------------------------

In a new interview with AXS TV's "At Home And Social With", Sorum stated about the "Double Talkin' Jive" title: "That was a song that was on 'Use Your Illusion'. And Izzy Stradlin wrote the title. And we recorded that song just the two of us. And to me, it was sort of a play on words with the business of music that I've been through."

He continued: "There's people that tell you they love you: 'We're family' and 'I'll do anything. I'll take a bullet for you, man.' And then the band breaks up and they don't return your phone call. [Laughs]

"So it's sort of a way of saying this is a wild ride, if that makes sense, with a profound sentence that I used that ties back to Guns N' Roses," he added.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down