APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.10.DD - Rolling Stone Australia - Live Lodge 2014: Slash Q&A

Go down

2014.10.DD - Rolling Stone Australia - Live Lodge 2014: Slash Q&A Empty 2014.10.DD - Rolling Stone Australia - Live Lodge 2014: Slash Q&A

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2014.10.DD - Rolling Stone Australia - Live Lodge 2014: Slash Q&A Empty Re: 2014.10.DD - Rolling Stone Australia - Live Lodge 2014: Slash Q&A

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:44 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
---------------------------------

Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour was the singer that came "closest" to replacing Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver, but he was eventually ruled out of the running by Slash, who felt that Corey's voice "didn't have certain elements" the guitarist thought it needed.

While the team-up of Taylor with Velvet Revolver never officially took off, Velvet guitarist Slash did confirm that the band got together with Taylor to jam and even record some new material.

Asked during a question-and-answer session with Australia's Rolling Stone magazine why Taylor and former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach weren't the right singers for Velvet Revolver, and which vocalist came closest to replacing Weiland, Slash said: "Well, Sebastian [auditioned for the Velvet Revolver singer spot] before Scott [became a member of the band]. And I love Sebastian, but, if you can imagine, it sounded sort of like 'Skid N' Roses.' It was cool, but you knew that everybody who heard it was gonna be, like, 'Oh, yeah, that makes sense.' It was a little bit too predictable. But as far as [vocalists that we have auditioned] since Scott [was dismissed from the band], probably [the one that came] the closest [to landing the gig] would have to be Corey, 'cause everybody was rallying for him. And I love Corey to death, but something about it was just a little bit too… What's the word for it? You know how Corey sings. It's a very macho kind of thing. But it didn't have certain elements I thought it needed. So we just didn't go down that path. And that was the closest so far."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-why-corey-taylor-was-not-the-right-singer-for-velvet-revolver
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down