APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.01.03 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum Recording New Solo Album

Go down

2013.01.03 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum Recording New Solo Album Empty 2013.01.03 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum Recording New Solo Album

Post by Blackstar Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:26 pm

Matt Sorum Recording New Solo Album

Drummer Matt Sorum (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, The Cult) has entered the studio to begin recording his new solo album. He says: "My new solo record will not be a rock record and I am not playing drums on it. [I am] singing and [playing] acoustic [guitar] mainly, [and] using another drummer [for the recording sessions]."

According to Sorum, the material that is being laid down for his upcoming solo CD can best be described as "a cross between Doors, Pink Floyd, Wilco, David Gray, Peter Murphy and Portishead." Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "The Sea", "What Ziggy Says", "Killers N' Lovers", "Ode To Nick Drake", "Blue Josephine", "Gone", "Lady Of The Stone" and "Land Of The Pure", the latter of which is "about children of Pakistan," says Sorum.

Matt's solo debut, "Hollywood Zen", came out in 2003.

Sorum was born Matthew William Sorum (Norwegian spelling Sørum), on November 19, 1960, in the present-day city of Mission Viejo, California. His parents were of English and Norwegian descent.

Sorum achieved fame with Guns N' Roses, where he replaced Steven Adler in the band, who was fired because of drug addiction. While with the Los Angeles-based hard rock group (1990-1997), Sorum recorded the highly successful albums "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II" (both 1991) and "The Spaghetti Incident" (1994). He also supported the group on the "Use Your Illusion" tour and can be heard on Guns N' Roses' "Live Era: '87-'93" (1999) and "Greatest Hits" (2004).

Starting out as a season musician in Los Angeles in the 1980s, Sorum had his first taste with success as part of The Cult in 1989. A decade later, after being fired from Guns N' Roses, he was reunited with the group and played the drums for their 2001 album "Beyond Good And Evil".

Sorum is the drummer of Velvet Revolver, a group he founded in 2002 with former Guns N' Roses band members Slash and Duff McKagan. The band has released two albums, "Contraband" (2004) and "Libertad" (2007), but has been inactive since 2008 after parting ways with singer Scott Weiland.

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-recording-new-solo-album/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down