APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.02.17 - Absolute Radio /Metro - Slash Admits He Cringes When He Hears Sweet Child O’ Mine In Public

Go down

2022.02.17 - Absolute Radio /Metro - Slash Admits He Cringes When He Hears Sweet Child O’ Mine In Public Empty 2022.02.17 - Absolute Radio /Metro - Slash Admits He Cringes When He Hears Sweet Child O’ Mine In Public

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:14 pm

Slash admits he cringes when he hears Sweet Child O’ Mine in public

By Rachael O'Connor
Thursday 17 Feb 2022

He might be a member of one of the most legendary rock bands in history, but he cringes every time he hears one of their biggest hits in public.

Rock icon Slash has admitted he has a ‘cringe moment’ when he hears Guns N’ Roses’ track Sweet Child O’ Mine in public, saying it’s ‘very awkward’.

In fairness, this might not seem like the best reaction to have towards one of your own songs, particularly one so popular you’re almost guaranteed to hear it on a night out.

Explaining his reaction, Slash – real name Saul Hudson – told Leona Graham on Absolute Radio Classic Rock that hearing your own song in public can make you feel ‘very vulnerable’.

‘Because if I walk into a place and ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ comes on, it’s a cringe moment,’ the 54-year-old said.

‘Like, very awkward!’

The musician admitted his reaction to hearing his music in public ‘depends on what the song is and what band it is and all that kind of stuff’.

He clarified: ‘It’s always exciting if you hear [your music] on the radio,’ adding it ‘never grows old’.

But ‘if you’re in a bar or some other sort of public place, and all of a sudden your material comes on, it sort of stops you dead in your tracks.’

‘Because for a second you’re like, “Oh God, that sounds familiar!” And then you realise it’s you.’

Partly because of Sweet Child O’ Mine’s enduring popularity, Slash explained, hearing it in public makes him ‘feel like a spotlight was just put on you’.

‘Even if nobody in the room knows you’re in there, you just feel sort of very vulnerable for a second.’

The anthem was released in 1987, making it 35 years old this year – so the guitarist has probably had quite a few ‘cringe moments’ in his lifetime.

And it’s not likely to lose its popularity any time soon, as Guns N’ Roses are set to release a new EP next week on February 25, featuring live performances and reworked tracks originally meant to be on the Chinese Democracy album.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/17/slash-admits-he-cringes-when-he-hears-sweet-child-o-mine-in-public-16122996/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down