APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.01.DD - Musinq.net - Ask Matt Sorum a Question

Go down

2012.01.DD - Musinq.net - Ask Matt Sorum a Question Empty 2012.01.DD - Musinq.net - Ask Matt Sorum a Question

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:58 pm

Darryl Rowell: Hey Matt- Do you tune your drums or do you have a tech that does it for you? More or less are you “hands on” with your sound in the live setting?

Matt: Pretty hands on, my tech knows what I like he’s very good

João: Matt, what are you listening to lately? what bands ?Foo Fighters…do you enjoy ?

Matt: Not much Foo Fighters , Queens of The Stone Age , Killers !

Victoria: Hi Matt! wich was youe best show and why? or wixh show did you most enjoy? thanks and kisses from Argentina!

Matt: So many great shows I can’t really say Rock n Rio Was a highlight

Mike: Do you ever see Izzy? He’s gotta be the most “incognito” ex-gunner. I like some of his solo stuff, though. Any speculation as to why he never stayed on in VR? Him and duff could handle vocals, IMO… Plus the riffs him and slash make- “Ghost” was a shining example.

Matt: We worked with him on a bunch of songs but he just has always done his own thing

Abigail: Hi Matt! I was wondering, what did you think of Axl when you first met? How was his attitude and character? Did you like being in Guns N’ Roses?

Matt: He was cool to me

I think you are one of the greatest drummers of all time, and I love all of your work!

Matt: Thanks!

TJ: Matt what are the chances of ever seeing you in Telluride? Ohh man just think of it thunder off the mountians of gold!! I can hear it now. You friend TJ

Matt: Man beautiful place would love that

Martin Hudson: have you listened to a song of Chinese Democracy? which one?

Matt: No I havent

Darryl Rowell: Second question–yeah I’m greedy– excluding your own- who’s snare sound do you just “love?”

Matt: Always like Phil Rudd and Alex Van Halen

Nelson: Hi matt! apology brand of gloves used to play drums in the era of guns n ‘roses greetings!!

Matt: When I wore gloves they were Easton

Sayma: you can speak Spanish?  Slash how often you see? and as you go with your career?  (:

Matt: Poquito, I see Slash all the time and things are good

Sayma:  OMG!! this is good!! Good Luck!! and God Bless ^^ You think they ever come to Mexico and may have a meet and greet and please tell him I admire Slash too and I would like to have some of the for me (:

Matt: Cool let’s do it

Nelson: Hi matt! apology brand of gloves used to play drums in the era of guns n ‘roses greetings!!!

Matt: Easton gloves

Nelson: Hi matt! apology brand of gloves used to play drums in the era of guns n ‘roses greetings!

Matt: I played with Easton gloves

Jack Graham: Hey Matt (second question aha), I’m currently trying to record a few songs in my room where I play every instrument, considering sending the finished three or four songs to a record label, any suggestions musically or otherwise?

Matt: Do exactly what you feel don’t try to force it, make sure your songs are great
There are less record deals than before

Pekka: Are there possibly any rehearsal recordings from 95-96 where Slash is on lead guitar and Axl on rhythm guitar? I suspect all songs/recordings from those days are in “GNR vaults”?

Matt: That’s correct everything was on adats

Jake Howe: Whatever happened to Camp Freddy radio?

Matt: The station went off the air after we were on for 6 years so did Jonesy jukebox which was great

Dave: Hi Matt, What is the deal with Velvet Revolver? are we ever going to see you guys recording again? I was at on of the last shows before the break up in Dublin and it was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Thanks
Dave

Matt: I certainly hope so

Stradlin: you didnt receibe any calls for an guns n roses reunion?

Matt: Youre funny

Laura Reed: Hey Matt when is Cherri Currie’s cd coming out that you produced ?

Matt: In the next few months I hope

GBondarenko: Hi Matt, when you come to Brazil?

Matt: Soon I hope maybe in April

Brett: Hey matt! any tips for a me towards drumming? And by the way are you going to make a record?

Matt: Practice to great records and develop your own style

Fazyl: Hi Matt! I am a guitar player. GnR have influenced me very much. Indeed, it is one of my all time favorite bands.     Since I am hugely influenced by you guys, my dream is to get your feedbacks on my music. Can you listen to one of my songs please please please and give a feedback? Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFxKucES9Gk

Matt: Cool I listened good ideas I think you could tighten up the arrangement. Maybe a better chorus remember the chorus has to be the hook or the payoff of the song. Seems like to much verse at the top. Simplify a bit including the solo bring some more melody like Slash would do. And the Vocal is a little loud. Send again

Joanna: Hey Matt (2nd question, I’m a big fan) If you couldn’t play the drums what other instrument would you like to play?

Matt: I play guitar, bass and keyboards

Trond Erik Vee Aune: Duff has also said he’ll attend HOF and Steven couldn’t be dragged away from the HOF by seven wild horses. So that makes three of you. Since you talk to Slash all the time, will he attend? Are you worried that old guns being inducted will take focus away from all the great stuff that current guns is doing?

Matt: Not sure what’s happening with Slash yet, not worried about it

Julio Freitas: Matt, if you had to make a dream today, what would it be? could share with us?

Matt: Living on the beach next door to Sammy Hagar in Cabo

Pekka: Thank you for answering my questions! I’ve been wondering some of this stuff for 15 years. Was Axl playing rhythm guitar also during 1997 GNR rehearsals?

Matt: Yes Axl was playing guitar and having a lot of fun doing it

Trond Erik Vee Aune: As the “new guy” in the band, why didn’t you confront Axl with showing up late for gigs in the 90′s?

Matt: I did

Pablo: Matt gives me your msn? KKKKK joke
matt you plan to go to the Hall of Fame playing with guns n roses in April?

Matt: Yes inm attnding

Samantha: Hi Matt! Could you tell me the 5 objects that you never leave the house without? Hugs from Bulgaria!

Matt: A hat, cohiba, rings , necklace , brachlet

Joe: What 3 thing would you bring with yourself if you have to stay alone in a deserted island?

Matt: Haley berry and Selma Hayek and Ace Harper

Matt: Really my French bulldogs Lola and Bowie and my fiancé Ace

GBondarenko: How was the NAMM 2012? had many novelties?

Matt: The craziest ever, lots of nutty people too

Zane Duffner: Have you ever played “Think About You” off of Appetite? It’s such an underrated song.

Matt: I don’t think so, yes it is a good song

chris Dickson: Ok Matt, another question: When regarding venues small like Kool Haus in TO or TokyoDome. Which do you feel more comfortable at? Or does it really matter ?

Matt: I like playing all size venues, the big huge ones are less intimate but still a rush

Jay: If you had 1 “do over” during your career, what would it be?

Matt: Nothing I guess , it’s all been very interesting wish we could have kept Gnr together

Daniela Aguiar: How was it working alongside Duff for all these years?

Matt: Duff is like a brother to me, we are still very close and always speak the truth to each other

unapiba: Matt, tell me where´s Izzy.

Matt: I have no idea where he is, he’s always travelling

Christian: Hey Matt Have you ever considered Gilby Clarcke instead of Dave in the early VR days?

Matt: No not really we were trying to do something a little different

Julian: I know you came to Sydney recently for the Hard Rock how was the show? Also any plans to tour Australia again?

Matt: Love it down under working on a mini tour now

ashley: matt…..  what is your favourite guns song?

Matt: I like playing Paradise City great groove

Júlia: Do you will come to Brazil? I wish you do. Love you so much

Matt: Working on something now

Júlia: You can speak Portuguese? Are you excited about the Rock n ‘Roll Hall of Fame?

Matt: Obrigado and tudo bein

Gustavo Mendieta: Don´t know if you´ve heard Chinese Democracy, but did you work on any of its songs prior to your departure from GN´R? Much respect and admiration.

Matt: I think I did, not sure haven’t heard the record

Pedro: Is there any possibility of Rod Jackson (lead singer of the of the second lineup Slash’s Snakepit) be the new singer of Velvet Revolver?   *sorry for my bad english

Matt: No I don’t think so

Alisson: Hi Matt! You would like to touch the Guns n’ Roses again?

Matt: Sure if the situation is right

https://web.archive.org/web/20120129220923/http://musinq.net/ask-celebrities/ask-matt-sorum/ask-matt-sorum-a-question/

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down

2012.01.DD - Musinq.net - Ask Matt Sorum a Question Empty Re: 2012.01.DD - Musinq.net - Ask Matt Sorum a Question

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:00 pm

There were many more questions, but unfortunately the pages have not been archived.

Two more from here:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t1372-matt-answering-questions-at-musinq-net

About Myles Kennedy as vocalist in Velvet Revolver:
i like him but hes slashs singer and not considered for VR

we are still looking so hard to find a great singer but Vr will be back

we are trying out a guy from england now

Are you going to Rock n Roll Holl Of Fame? The Slash and Duff go? You’re playing with Axl? You have a chance to go back to Guns N ‘Roses?:
i am going to the RNR hall of fame but not sure whos playing yet 7 guys were inducted axl, slash, duff, izzy, steven, me and dizzy
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down