APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.01.28 - Frankie DiVita - Interview with Matt at NAMM

Go down

2012.01.28 - Frankie DiVita - Interview with Matt at NAMM Empty 2012.01.28 - Frankie DiVita - Interview with Matt at NAMM

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2012.01.28 - Frankie DiVita - Interview with Matt at NAMM Empty Re: 2012.01.28 - Frankie DiVita - Interview with Matt at NAMM

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
---------------------------------------

Speaking to Frankie DiVita, radio personality for 96.7 KCAL Rocks, at the 2012 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show (see video below), Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum stated about the experience of playing with Weiland again, "It was cool, man. We hadn't played together in a long time. We soundchecked a few songs. We only played, like, three songs. But it was cool to be on stage and play music again. It was like riding a bike. Everyone had a good time and we raised some money for a really sad situation. John O'Brien passed away and left a pregnant wife and another child. And a lot of people turned out for the show… Amazing turnout."

He added, "We had a good time. Me and Scott worked out some stuff backstage and had talked, and that was nice. He came up to me and he was real humble and really cool. 'Cause stuff happens when you're out on the road and people are tired and you say shit. Everything is on the Internet now; you can't get away with anything.

"Being in the music business for as long as I have been, I'm still learning lessons. We were out on the road for 18 months. And we got tired and things happened. There's a lot of pressure. You think you'd always wanna do it differently, but stuff goes the way it's gonna go; I can't explain it.

"We made some good records [with Scott]. The second record didn't get as much action as the first one, but I think it's a cool record, too. I liked a lot of that record, and working with [producer] Brendan O'Brien. The first record, obviously, was a huge success for us."

When asked about whether there is any chance of Velvet Revolver working with Weiland again, Sorum said, "I don't know… We'll see what happens. Slash is booked up for about another year [touring in support of his upcoming solo album], so I don't know what's gonna go on with anything, to be honest. We haven't discussed it. . . I don't know… I can't say. It hasn't really been discussed, so I don't wanna speak out of turn."

On the topic of why it's been so hard for Velvet Revolver to find a replacement for Weiland, Sorum said, "We were trying [to find a new singer last year], but it didn't work out that way. . . We had Corey Taylor; it's kind of well known. We did some songs, and it just didn't turn everybody on completely. So we, basically, put the brakes on that. I think I was a little bit excited to get going, but maybe that was more excitement than… I thought it was cool, but Slash wasn't into it. And if we're not all firing on the same cylinders, we don't usually… We respect that, you know."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-there-has-been-no-discussion-about-velvet-revolver-reuniting-with-scott-weiland/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down