APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.08.22 - The Australian - Irwin Leaves Rocker Slash Starstruck

Go down

2012.08.22 - The Australian - Irwin Leaves Rocker Slash Starstruck Empty 2012.08.22 - The Australian - Irwin Leaves Rocker Slash Starstruck

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:19 am

Irwin leaves rocker Slash starstruck

by: By Nathan Paull

EVEN rock gods like Slash get starstruck.

That's how the former Guns N Roses lead guitarist and reptile lover says he felt when he met conservationist Bob Irwin at the Soundwave music festival in 2010.

And it's why he was only too happy to help him launch the Bob Irwin Wildlife and Conservation Foundation at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane on Wednesday.

"He brought some animals down to Soundwave so we got to actually meet, so I was really starstruck," he told reporters while posing for photos with Mr Irwin.

"Ever since I can remember from childhood I've liked snakes and reptiles and animals in general. But snakes in particular," he said.

Regularly voted one of the best guitarists of all time, Slash's love of all things scaly is well known and he looked right at home with a python around his neck.

He was less comfortable when it was time to cuddle a koala.

"This is actually the first time I've ever held one," he said.

Mr Irwin, the father of the late crocodile hunter Steve Irwin, said it was an honour to have Slash attend the launch.

"The best thing about this guy is he's right into conservation and I love him," he said.

The foundation has been set up to help Mr Irwin's conservation efforts through political lobbying and community awareness.

It will also help students, particularly indigenous scholars, pay for tertiary environmental studies.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120822061520/http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/slash-to-launch-bob-irwin-foundation/story-fn3dxiwe-1226455422709

Last edited by Blackstar on Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2012.08.22 - The Australian - Irwin Leaves Rocker Slash Starstruck Empty Re: 2012.08.22 - The Australian - Irwin Leaves Rocker Slash Starstruck

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:20 am

2012.08.22 - The Australian - Irwin Leaves Rocker Slash Starstruck Slashi10
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down