APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.01.26 - Daily Star - Covid tour was Slash & learn!

2 posters

Go down

2022.01.26 - Daily Star - Covid tour was Slash & learn! Empty 2022.01.26 - Daily Star - Covid tour was Slash & learn!

Post by Blackstar Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:31 pm

2022.01.26 - Daily Star - Covid tour was Slash & learn! 2022_023

Covid tour was Slash & learn!

NO AFTER-PARTIES IS NEW NORMAL

GUNS N’ ROSES may never have emerged as they are today without the pandemic, reckons Slash.

The Sweet Child O’ Mine legends managed to tour the US last year under strict protocols which meant no after-parties.
And Slash, now a reformed hellraiser, could never have handled that 40 years ago. The rocker explained: “It was a tour like no other that’s for sure.

"All of our entourage wore masks, there was never any contact with the outside world. No-one was invited to the concerts, there were no after-parties. We would go straight from the hotel to the venue and back to the hotel until it was time to travel to the next town.

"If you told me that in the 80s I wouldn’t have believed you!”

It’s a far cry from their hard-partying early years, but Slash insists there were also benefits.

He explained: “On stage it was incredible, the audience had this crazy energy. The effect on the group as a whole were super positive and our relationships. No after-parties, no record execs, no celebrations - and frankly it showed on stage. The crisis restored our communal passion for music. We’ve never enjoyed playing music so much.”

Slash releases a new album with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators next month and believes the way GN’R toured is the new normal.

He said: “I think it was a little glimpse of what’s to come. I think we are seeing that we are going to have to live with the virus and adapt to it With the Conspirators we have a similar protocol.”

And a long-mooted GN’R LP could also be on the way: “There will be more surprises soon.”
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87994

Uli, Shackler and lilacmess like this post

Back to top Go down

2022.01.26 - Daily Star - Covid tour was Slash & learn! Empty Re: 2022.01.26 - Daily Star - Covid tour was Slash & learn!

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:50 pm

Soon is the word!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76745

Back to top Go down