APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.12.06 - Daily Telegraph - Matt Sorum Loses Passport But Manages To Enter Australia For Hard Rock Cafe Launch

Go down

2011.12.06 - Daily Telegraph - Matt Sorum Loses Passport But Manages To Enter Australia For Hard Rock Cafe Launch Empty 2011.12.06 - Daily Telegraph - Matt Sorum Loses Passport But Manages To Enter Australia For Hard Rock Cafe Launch

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Former Gun N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum loses passport but manages to enter Australia for Hard Rock Cafe launch

A "BIT of an episode" involving his passport getting lost in Mexico threatened to derail his Sydney trip, but former Guns N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum flew into town yesterday as the special guest headliner for the Sydney Hard Rock Cafe opening.

The rock star sat down with Confidential to talk about his bride-to-be, fond memories of Oz and those never-ending rumours of a Guns N' Roses reunion tour.

We hear you almost didn't make it here ...

Yeah man. I lost my passport somewhere between Mexico and LA and missed my flight. But Customs somehow had it all along and the fine people at Qantas got me on the last flight out.

You've toured Australia plenty. Any highlights?

Yes! Back in '91 we were staying in Cairns and (Guns bass player) Duff McKagan rented a helicopter ... and we had to land right in the middle of the rainforest, right after the pilot told us there are more deadly species of reptiles in Australia than anywhere else. So Duff and I find this old outback kinda building and there was no one inside but they left some wine. So we drank the wine and left them a note saying Guns N' Roses thanks you for the wine.

How is touring now with your new band, Velvet Revolver, compared with Gunner days?

We were much younger then, we could get away with much more shenanigans (laughs). It's before we had lives and responsibilities. I got kids and stuff now. Stuff just changes. But the music doesn't. The music is still the grand icing on the cake.

Will the Gunners ever get back together?

I hope so. We're about to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which is pretty cool, but I can't really say about another tour. It's down to Slash and Axl (Rose) to patch things up.

And you're planning a wedding for next year with your fiancee, Ace Harper?

My girl is an amazing singer, she reminds me of Deborah Harry.

https://amp.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/former-gun-n-roses-drummer-matt-sorum-loses-passport-but-manages-to-enter-australia-for-hard-rock-cafe-launch/news-story/62e4650bb9978f4fde08c454c10fe612
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down