APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.02.14 - The Daily Telegraph - A Slashing Effort As Slash Launches Slasher Films

Go down

2011.02.14 - The Daily Telegraph - A Slashing Effort As Slash Launches Slasher Films Empty 2011.02.14 - The Daily Telegraph - A Slashing Effort As Slash Launches Slasher Films

Post by Blackstar Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:03 pm

A Slashing effort as Slash launches Slasher Films

By Kathy McCabe
Music Editor

SLASH has swapped his signature top hat for another - horror-film producer. The Guns N' Roses

The Guns N' Roses guitar god, who is back in Australia next week for the Soundwave Festival, launched Slasher Films at Sundance last month.

The new production house was sparked after Slash, a horror-film enthusiast, sat around talking about his favourite flicks with a mate, producer Rob Eric.

In the middle of the night, Eric came up with the name and the next morning he had the money.

"We're about to go into production with our first one. It's like when I first thought I wanted to be a guitar player in a rock band; I'm very excited," Slash says.

"Once we started up, it took about a year to find a script I wanted to do. I'm very specific, because I was raised into loving horror films.

"My mother was fanatical about them, and she took me to my first one when I was six - it was at the drive-in, and it was a double feature with The Exorcist and Night Of The Living Dead."

As he continues his world tour with Myles Kennedy off the back of last year's debut solo record, Slash is already working on number two. "That's what I'm doing as we speak. I set up in my hotel room and record bits and pieces," he says.

"I'm extremely shy about anyone hearing anything before it's finished, so if I think someone can hear [through the walls], I'll put headphones on."

Slash remains mum on whether he has found a new singer for Velvet Revolver, his band with former Gunners members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.

Fellow Soundwaver Corey Taylor, of Slipknot and Stone Sour, has been rumoured as the new frontman.

"A couple of people have said one thing or another, but it's been blown out of proportion. I've made no comment on that one," Slash says of Taylor joining VR.

Soundwave is at the Sydney Showground on February 27.

https://amp.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/a-slashing-effort-as-slash-launches-slasher-films/news-story/f954907af3178c90866c2f87aa8465a4
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down