APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.12.20 - The Pulse Of Radio/NME - Slash And Co Find New Velvet Revolver Singer

Go down

2010.12.20 - The Pulse Of Radio/NME - Slash And Co Find New Velvet Revolver Singer Empty 2010.12.20 - The Pulse Of Radio/NME - Slash And Co Find New Velvet Revolver Singer

Post by Blackstar Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:09 am

Slash and co find new Velvet Revolver singer

But drummer Matt Sorum says band can't reveal who it is just yet...

By Tom Goodwyn

Velvet Revolver have apparently found their new lead singer – but they won’t name who it is just yet.

Speaking to The Pulse Of Radio, drummer Matt Sorum said the band have somebody that they “really like a lot” and that he believed “this could be a real turning point for the band”.

The band have been without a singer since Scott Weiland left in 2008 to return to Stone Temple Pilots.

Sorum joked that the reason he wouldn’t reveal the name was because the singer and Velvet Revolver were “dating”.

He said: “We can’t make the announcement yet because we’re ‘dating,’ you know. We haven’t consummated the relationship, we haven’t sat down this gentleman and made the agreement together.”

Sorum also said he understood fans’ frustration with how long it has taken to find a new singer. “I know it’s been like this long-winded, ‘Oh, Velvet Revolver this, Velvet Revolver that,'” he admitted. “We’re tired of it, believe me. But we don’t have the ability to just jump out there with any singer. We can’t do it.”

Two candidates who are known to have auditioned are Scars On Broadway singer Frankie Perez and Spacehog frontman Royston Langdon. Speculation continues that Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy, who has spent the last two years touring as part of guitarist Slash’s live band, is also in the band’s thoughts.

Sorum also confirmed that the man he is talking about is a “known guy” and that he is “younger and stronger”.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/velvet-revolver-14-1295331

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down