APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2021.08.17 - Rockin' Interviews/Blabbermouth - Bumblefoot Remembers Recording His Parts For Song That Became 'Absurd'

2 posters

Go down

2021.08.17 - Rockin' Interviews/Blabbermouth - Bumblefoot Remembers Recording His Parts For Song That Became 'Absurd'  Empty 2021.08.17 - Rockin' Interviews/Blabbermouth - Bumblefoot Remembers Recording His Parts For Song That Became 'Absurd'

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:08 am

Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal Remembers Recording His Parts For Song That Became 'Absurd'

In a brand new chat with Rockin' Interviews, former Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal was asked if he has heard the "new" GN'R song "Absurd". He responded (as transcribed by blabbermouth.net): "I have. I remember the song from when I was laying guitar parts for the ['Chinese Democracy'] album. I laid some parts for it back then. And, of course, they've all been replaced — I'm not in the band. Slash should be on there, of course, doing all the leads and stuff. So, yeah, I heard it. And it was pretty cool hearing him on there doing his thing. It definitely made it feel more like what it is — like a band."

The studio version of "Absurd" — which is a reworked version of a previously unreleased GN'R track called "Silkworms" — arrived on August 6, three days after the band performed the tune live for the first time during its concert at Boston's Fenway Park.

Guns N' Roses last performed "Silkworms", which was reportedly written during the "Chinese Democracy" sessions, in 2001.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal-remembers-recording-his-parts-for-song-that-became-absurd/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2021.08.17 - Rockin' Interviews/Blabbermouth - Bumblefoot Remembers Recording His Parts For Song That Became 'Absurd'  Empty Re: 2021.08.17 - Rockin' Interviews/Blabbermouth - Bumblefoot Remembers Recording His Parts For Song That Became 'Absurd'

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:56 am

That's gracious of Bumble.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum