APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash

Go down

2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash  Empty 2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash  Empty Re: 2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:

During a December 13 appearance on Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones's radio show, "Jonesy's Jukebox", on the 95.5 KLOS station in Los Angeles, Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash spoke about the band's 1993 covers album, "The Spaghetti Incident?" The effort was recorded when the Axl Rose-fronted group was in a state of turmoil and turned out to be the only album by Guns N' Roses that the band didn't tour to support.

Explaining Guns N' Roses' choice of source material, Slash said: "Duff picked a couple [of tracks]. 'Since I Don't Have You', I remember [Axl] had brought it up, and I'd always loved that song, so I was, like, 'Yeah, that'd be a great song to do.' I think 'Hair Of The Dog' was one of the ones that he and I both wanted to do. But, yeah, everybody sort of threw ideas in the hat… It was a hell of a lot of fun. It was very spontaneous and it was recorded in different studios around — well, some stuff was in the States; I think we recorded some stuff in, I wanna say Canada — don't quote me on that. But I know that there were different studios, different locations while we were on the road. So we would just pop in. And ['Since I Don't Have You'], I remember we just rented out some studio in the middle of the country somewhere — just found it, booked it, went in there and whipped it out. So it was a lot of fun to make."

Slash went on to say that he is a fan of covers albums in general. "Just being able to do an interpretation of a song that you really like [is really cool]," he explained. "Some cover records are better than others. But the ones where the artist really relates to the original material and it becomes part of their personality when they re-record it, I think that's really cool. I thought 'Garage Days' [referring to 1987's 'The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Re-Revisited'] from Metallica was one of the best cover records of all time. It was great."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-metallicas-garage-days-is-one-of-the-best-cover-records-of-all-time
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash  Empty Re: 2019.12.13 - Jonesy's Jukebox - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:48 am

Excerpts from Alternative Nation:

Slash just told KLOS, as transcribed by Alternative Nation, “Actually, we just finished a leg, and we’re going to start up again, but we’ve been home for about a month ago.”

He then discussed the evolution of his band with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, and how the name ideas changed over the years.

“I’ve been with Myles Kennedy since 2010, so going on 10 years. What happpened was when I started out that particular project, it was a solo thing. When I got Myles, I wanted him to put his name on the bill so it was ‘Slash featuring Myles Kennedy.’

Then with Todd and Brent, that was such a major part of it, we thought we needed to name the band, so it just became a really long name. That’s what I’ve been doing until now, and then obviously I got back together with GNR in 2016, so I’ve been doing the two things.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-icon-calls-bandmate-bloated-mess-slash/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down