APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.06.18 - Spinner - Duff McKagan Learns to Ignore Rumors

Go down

2010.06.18 - Spinner - Duff McKagan Learns to Ignore Rumors Empty 2010.06.18 - Spinner - Duff McKagan Learns to Ignore Rumors

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 am

Duff McKagan Learns to Ignore Rumors

By Steve Baltin

Before Duff McKagan officially joined Jane's Addiction, word began circulating that the Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver bassist was replacing Eric Avery in the famed L.A. band. McKagan, however, was purposefully oblivious to the blogosphere craziness.

"Rumors are always confusing and there were a hell of a lot more rumors coming out than I was even aware of," he tells Spinner. "I never quite respond to rumors and I won't. I write a column for Seattle Weekly. People are writing into me, 'Well, tell me,' and I won't. I'll just stick to my thing."

When you've gone from playing with Axl Rose to Velvet Revolver, a band that's dealt with tons of speculation about Scott Weiland's replacement, and then taken over as the new bassist in Jane's Addiction, you better get used to ignoring the rumors. McKagan, for his part, says they don't affect him. "I can't really be that bothered by rock media as a whole," he says. "It's not really part of my game. All the rest of it is you hear something about this or hear something about that."

The people that are important to McKagan know the truth. "My friends, my family, my people I work with know what's going on. That's what matters to me," he says. "If my wife were to hear something and come to me about it, OK, now it's serious. Or Perry [Farrell] or Slash or somebody, but none of us pay attention to rumors."

https://web.archive.org/web/20101206144611/http://www.spinner.com/2010/06/18/duff-mckagan-rumors-janes-addiction/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down