APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.05.15 - Spinner/Blabbermouth - Slash Says He Is A 'Twitter Junkie'

Go down

2010.05.15 - Spinner/Blabbermouth - Slash Says He Is A 'Twitter Junkie' Empty 2010.05.15 - Spinner/Blabbermouth - Slash Says He Is A 'Twitter Junkie'

Post by Blackstar Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:17 am

Slash Says He Is A 'Twitter Junkie'

Legendary guitarist Slash (Velvet Revolver, ex-Guns N' Roses) has told Spinner that when it came time for him to promote his self-titled debut solo album, he found he needed to try new things. "Doing this record, I did an independent distribution deal, I started using social networking, I put myself out there in places. I don't even know whether it's good or bad," Slash said. "It's flying by the seat of your pants and seeing what sticks. There's a lot of shit that I'm doing now that in my sort of cool Guns N' Roses days I wouldn't have done."

He added, "I'm a fucking Twitter junkie now. I'm not one of those people, even in the days when it was just the phone, I've never been one to call, 'Hey, dude, what's happening?' Twitter's one of those things where you can reach out to as many fans as you can get a hold of and it's a sort of lifeline to your audience that's in real time and as close to in-person as you're gonna get."

So, what would've happened if the cool mystique of Guns N' Roses had met social networking? "We had that sort of tunnel vision that only did things the way that we saw to do it and everybody had to go by that standard. I don't think we would have gone for the whole social networking thing," he told Spinner. "I wouldn't have used it."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-he-is-a-twitter-junkie/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum