APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.04.27 - Spinner - Slash Says Guns N' Roses Purists Take His Music 'Too Seriously'

Go down

2010.04.27 - Spinner - Slash Says Guns N' Roses Purists Take His Music 'Too Seriously' Empty 2010.04.27 - Spinner - Slash Says Guns N' Roses Purists Take His Music 'Too Seriously'

Post by Blackstar Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:32 am

Slash Says Guns N' Roses Purists Take His Music 'Too Seriously'

By Jonathan Dekel

When it came time to decide on a bonus track for his eponymous debut album, former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash decided to include a slowed-down, hip-hop version of his former band's 1988 Top 10 single 'Paradise City' featuring the unexpected tandem of Cypress Hill and Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.

"I've been playing 'Paradise City' with Cypress Hill since 2002 -- I just love the way they do the verses -- and we always have somebody come up and do the chorus," Slash explains to Spinner of the collaboration's genesis. "I always said, 'one of these days, we've got to record this' and here we were, seven years later.

"I had the Cypress Hill guys come down [to the studio] and I'd just done 'Beautiful Dangerous' with Fergie so I said, 'why don't you sing the chorus?' just for the hell of it."

Before releasing the track in North America, the guitar god decided to give it a test run with Japanese audiences.

"I put it out as a B-side of a Japanese single and, of course, it cruised around the internet," he recalls. "I had all the Guns N' Roses purists that were really pissed off about it and I had all these other people that really liked it."

Despite the mixed reaction, the guitarist ultimately decided to include the new 'Paradise City' on the deluxe edition because, as he says with a smirk, "I just figured some people are taking it a little too seriously."

https://web.archive.org/web/20110103160441/http://www.spinner.com/2010/04/27/slash-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down