APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles)

Go down

2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles) Empty 2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident

According to former MTV "Headbangers Ball" host Riki Rachtman, ex-Guns N' Roses/Rock Star Supernova guitarist Gilby Clarke was hospitalized yesterday (Sunday, January 10) after he was the victim of a hit-and-run motorcycle accident. "Some asshole turned in front of [Gilby when] he was on a bike," Riki wrote on his Twitter page. "His leg's busted up pretty bad. It was a hit-and-run."

After visiting Gilby in the hospital earlier tonight, Rachtman wrote, "Gilby's got some good breakage in that leg. He is in good spirits considering."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-injured-in-hit-and-run-motorcycle-accident/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles) Empty Re: 2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Noisecreep, January 11, 2010:
--------------------------------------

Gilby Clarke Hurt in Motorcyle Crash, Is 'Resting Comfortably'

Guitarist and former Guns n' Roses rocker Gilby Clarke is in the hospital with a broken leg after a motorcycle crash. It's not exactly clear where the accident happened, but Clarke lives around Los Angeles, California.

Fellow guitarist and friend Tracii Guns posted this message on his personal Facebook page: "Gilby got nailed on his motorcycle last night. His leg is broken in three places. It was a hit and run. I am gonna try to go see him tonight, he will be OK."

The message set off a flurry of social networking activity, including posts on various metal message boards and tweets galore. In short order, Clarke's wife posted an update to her husband's Facebook page, assuring fans the guitarist is "resting comfortably" in the hospital.

Clarke replaced Izzy Stradlin in Guns n' Roses in 1991 and left the band around 1995. He is also a producer in addition to solo performer.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100117081951/http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/01/11/gilby-clarke-hurt-in-motorcyle-crash/

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles) Empty Re: 2010.01.11 - Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:54 pm

Blabbermouth, January 12, 2010:
------------------------------------------

Gilby Clarke: 'I Still Can't Stand Up, Because Both Legs Are Injured'

Former Guns N' Roses/Rock Star Supernova guitarist Gilby Clarke was hospitalized on Sunday (January 10) after he was the victim of a hit-and-run motorcycle accident. He is currently waiting to be transferred from Sherman Oaks Hospital to another facility, where he will undergo surgery. He says in a Twitter update, "I still can't stand up, [because] both legs are injured."

Clarke's close friend, former MTV "Headbangers Ball" host Riki Rachtman, has put out the following call for help in finding the motorist who caused the accident:

"You may have heard Gilby Clarke was involved in a motorcycle accident on Sunday. The important thing you should know is it was a hit-and-run.

"WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!! Sunday around 5 p.m. Gilby was riding his bike in Sherman Oaks, California. He was riding south on Woodman and at the intersection of Moorpark some idiot turned left right in front of him. Gilby hit the passenger side of the vehicle. The driver took off.

"Here is what we know so far. [Pickup] truck light color tan perhaps silver. There was a male driver and possibly a female passenger could be Hispanic, but not sure. The truck looked fairly new and has damage on the passenger side.

"If you have ANY information, send me a direct message on Twitter until I find out the police department.

"C'mon, someone knows something. Look for that truck.

"Gilby is currently getting ready for surgery to his leg. It's a pretty gnarly break."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-i-still-can-t-stand-up-because-both-legs-are-injured/

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:55 pm

From Gilby's blog, January 12, 2010:
crash

yes, some asshole in his pick up truck pulled a left as i was going through an intersection on my bike. JD & I were riding back from Pomona Easyriders show when it happened. not only did this dumb ass driver pull in front of moving traffic, but he split the scene after he hit me. he doesn't know if i'm dead or what... i have 3 broken bones in my left foot & 1 broken bone in my right foot. my new joe king helmut saved my skull, but i won't be walking for awhile. there were some really wonderful people @ the scene that helped out quite a bit & i've heard from everyone i know, sending best wishes & speedy recovery. so to you, we will rock n' roll again !
https://gilbygtr.blogspot.com/2010/01/crash.html

Blabbermouth, January 13, 2010:
Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist Gilby Clarke Undergoes Surgery After Hit-And-Run Accident

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke underwent surgery earlier today to repair one of his legs after he was seriously injured in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident in Los Angeles on Sunday (January 10). Gilby's wife, Daniella Clarke, writes on her Twitter page, "My guy is out of surgery. One down one more to go."

"While Gilby can't walk, since both legs [are] broken, the idiot that hit him and left is walking around somewhere with no guilt for what he did."
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-undergoes-surgery-after-hit-and-run-accident/

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Blabbermouth, January 15, 2010:
---------------------------------------------

Gilby Clarke To Undergo 'At Least One More Surgery' After Hit-And-Run Accident

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke's MySpace page has been updated with the following message:

"Gilby is recovering now at the hospital from injuries he sustained in a hit-and-run accident on his motorcycle Sunday, January 10. He suffered three broken bones in his left foot/ankle and a broken bone in his right foot. He had one successful surgery Tuesday, but he still has at least one more surgery next week. There is no further information on the pick-up truck that caused the accident, by making a left hand turn into oncoming traffic.

"Gilby would like to thank everybody that has expressed their concern and well wishes."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-to-undergo-at-least-one-more-surgery-after-hit-and-run-accident/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Gilby's blog, Jan. 20, 2010:
injury update...

my 1st surgery went well
& i'm home from the hospital.
if everything looks good friday,
i can have the 2nd surgery next week.
thanks again for all the kind thoughts
& prayers, they're working...
https://gilbygtr.blogspot.com/2010/01/injury-update.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:56 pm

Blabbermouth, February 8, 2010:
-----------------------------------------

Gilby Clarke Undergoes Second Surgery Following Hit-And-Run Accident

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke is recovering at home from injuries he sustained in a hit-and-run accident on his motorcycle on January 10. He suffered three broken bones in his left foot/ankle and a broken bone in his right foot. He had his second surgery last week during which "they put in a rod, plate and lots of screws," he writes on his blog. He adds, "Everything is healing well; it's a good thing I was healthy going in. I had my check up on Friday [February 5] and they took off my cast and removed the staples. In a month I can start trying to walk. Once again, all the support from my friends has made the bad days good."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-undergoes-second-surgery-following-hit-and-run-accident/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down