APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.03.12 - The Patriot-News - Drummer Beats Drugs And Keeps On Rockin' (Steven)

Go down

2009.03.12 - The Patriot-News - Drummer Beats Drugs And Keeps On Rockin' (Steven) Empty 2009.03.12 - The Patriot-News - Drummer Beats Drugs And Keeps On Rockin' (Steven)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:21 am

Drummer beats drugs and keeps on rockin'

STEVEN ADLER

BY CHRIS MAUTNER
Of The Patriot-News

The phrase "Appetite for Destruction" once seemed to apply to Steven Adler.

The original drummer for Guns N' Roses, he was unceremoniously kicked out of the band in 1990 because of his heroin abuse, which plagues him to this day.

Now clean and sober, Adler is playing drums again in his own band, Adler's Appetite, and performing the classic G N' R tunes.

Here's what he said about getting back on the road:

Q: How did the current tour come together?

A: It was something I've wanted to do for the last two years, but I was on drugs so I wasn't capable of doing any of these things. I got an opportunity to do "Celebrity Rehab" and I took it for everything it's worth and got everything I could out of it.

Q: Tell me about the band line-up.

A: We've got seasoned veterans of the touring circuit of the world. I've got Michael Thomas (of Faster Pussycat) on guitar, Alex Grossi (of Quiet Riot) on guitar, a young guy named Tarsha [on vocals]. And of course I've got the famous Chip Z'Nuff (of Enuff Z'Nuff) holding the rhythm down. It's a great bunch of guys.

Q: When you look back at those days in G N' R --

A: Oh, those were great days. It was a great time. It's a shame that Axel put me through all that ... he did. He likes to blame people, like everything's Slash's fault, that's why we're not going to do a reunion. What did Slash do? He didn't do anything.

Q: Well, that's what I was going to ask. With all that bitterness, does it tarnish your memory of those early days?

A: Oh, those memories are tarnished. They've been tarnished for a long time. But I survived it, and am a better person and stronger person for it.

Q: You talked about your recent appearance on "Celebrity Rehab" and "Sober House." What was that like?

A: I was lucky that it worked for me. I had strangers coming up to me like they were best friends, saying "We're praying for you. We want the best for you." It's been a really, really wonderful experience.

Q: Is it fair to say being on the show was what sobered you up?

A: Oh yeah. I went in to rehab eight days before I started the show because I wanted to do the show properly and I didn't want to go through withdrawals like everyone else did.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090322013412/http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/living/1236806713262130.xml&coll=1
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down