APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.03.14 - Hot Press - Velvet Revolver In The Frame for Led Zeppelin Support (Duff)

Go down

2008.03.14 - Hot Press - Velvet Revolver In The Frame for Led Zeppelin Support (Duff) Empty 2008.03.14 - Hot Press - Velvet Revolver In The Frame for Led Zeppelin Support (Duff)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 am

Velvet Revolver in the frame for Led Zeppelin support

Duff McKagan has exclusively revealed to Hot Press that Velvet Revolver are in pole position to support Led Zeppelin if they decide to go ahead with a full-blown reunion tour.

“I understand that we have it, although I imagine there will be plenty of bands prepared to kick and punch us out of the way for the privilege!” laughs the former Guns ‘N’ Roses man and all round rock ‘n’ roll legend. “I would so love to have been at their London gig before Christmas, but we had dates of our own that obviously took precedence.

“What made up for it was running into Jimmy Page at an awards ceremony and him not only knowing who I was, but also saying he’d caught a couple of Velvet Revolver shows. No way did I think in 1977 when I saw Led Zep in Seattle that one day I’d be hanging out with the guitarist. Things like that I still pinch myself!”

Meeting up this week with Hot Press before the second of Velvet Revolver’s Ambassador Theatre shows, Duff also talked about the early days of Seattle, his favourite Guns ‘N’ Roses moments, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, his love for Ireland and what Velvet Revolver got up to while staying in Dublin. You’ll be able to read all about it in a forthcoming issue!

https://www.hotpress.com/music/velvet-revolver-in-the-frame-for-led-zeppelin-support-4498359
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down