APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.03.18 - Metro - Five Questions For… Velvet Revolver (Duff)

Go down

2008.03.18 - Metro - Five Questions For… Velvet Revolver (Duff) Empty 2008.03.18 - Metro - Five Questions For… Velvet Revolver (Duff)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 9:43 am

2008.03.18 - Metro - Five Questions For… Velvet Revolver (Duff) 23488910

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR…
VELVET REVOLVER

By David Baldwin

Once bassist for the legendary Guns N’ Roses, Duff McKagan has had a well-documented struggle with drugs and is now part of supergroup Velvet Revolver, which also includes rock veterans Slash and Scott Weiland.

Velvet Revolver seem to be an explosive band liable to fall apart at any second. Is that fair?

It may have been like that at one point. You’d have thought that a band made up of people who’d experienced success before would know all the pitfalls but, after the first tour, things did get a bit dicey.

How?

Well, I fell back into drugs. I’ve had panic attacks since I was a teenager and I have medication that I haven’t had to take for a long time. But one day on that tour, I took a pill for stress and soon I started taking those things every day. Within a week I was completely addicted.

Were your family prepared for your addiction this time around?

My wife never knew me from the Guns N’ Roses days, so when this happened it was a wake-up call for her. She’d heard my friends talk about how it used to be, but she’d never witnessed it herself.

Do you keep track of what Axl Rose does these days?

I’m not the kind to go on the net looking for the latest gossip. But anything Axl does is going to have at least some kind of interest for me. We did a massive thing together.

Do you see Velvet Revolver making a third album?

I know I’m more inspired right now than I have been in a long time. I’ve actually started taking bass lessons for the first time in my life. I’d never played with my fingers, I’d always used a pick. F**k it, I’m not ashamed to say it.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down