APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On

Go down

2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On Empty 2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:39 pm

2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On 2006_140

Transcript:
-----------------
Merck Moves On

Mercuriadis Splits With Elton John; Keeps GNR, Morrissey

BY LARS BRANDLE and RAY WADDELL

Merck Mercuriadis’ expected resignation from the Sanctuary Group, effective Oct. 31, means he no longer will co-manage Elton John. But Mercuriadis will continue to work with Guns N’ Roses and Axl Rose, as well as Morrissey.

As a result of the move, creative management for John will be handled by Johnny Barbis in the United States and Clive Banks in the rest of the world.

John turned to Mercuriadis —formerly CEO of Sanctuary Records—to manage the creative side of his career after the artist and his partners sold Twenty-First Artists to the Sanctuary Group for $30.1 million (Billboard, April 16).

John co-founded London-based Twenty-First with Frank Presland and Keith Bradley. Presland was appointed CEO of Sanctuary Group following Andy Taylor’s dismissal from the post on May 26.

With his Sanctuary ties severed, Mercuriadis can focus on his next move, which many have speculated might be to Front Line Management, the Los Angeles-based management firm headed by Irving Azoff and Howard Kaufman.

Mercuriadis declined to comment on his future plans, but did say he is excited about moving forward with Rose and Morrissey. “It’s no secret that I have been in negotiations with Sanctuary for several months to leave,” Mercuriadis says. "That has now come to fruition and I am able to get on with completing my plans for the future.”

He continues, “I’m very ex- cited to be bringing Guns N’ Roses and Morrissey with me, but it is still difficult to be leaving Sanctuary after 20 years. There are many wonderful artists and people that I’m leaving behind, particularly Elton, which has been heartbreaking for me.” Guns N’ Roses are in the midst of a North American arena tour; their long-brewing new album, “Chinese Democracy” is reportedly due before the end of the year.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 91037

Back to top Go down

2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On Empty Re: 2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:49 pm

The rumours had started in September. Hits Daily Double (via Blabbermouth), Sept. 7, 2006:
Guns N' Roses' Manager Leaving Sanctuary?

According to Hits Daily Double, word inside the Sanctuary Music Group is that Merck Mercuriadis will be leaving the company's management team. Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is said to be leaving with Merck as a client of the longtime Sanctuary executive.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On Empty Re: 2006.11.11 - Billboard - Merck Moves On

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Hits Daily Double, October 19, 2006:
WELCOME TO A NEW JUNGLE: The word from London is that Rod Smallwood is finally untangling himself from Sanctuary, the company he co-founded, taking cornerstone act Iron Maiden with him. Will his departure from the much-maligned company clear the way for Merck Mercuriadis to get his own exit deal done so that he can join Irving Azoff's management firm? Merck's situation is relatively complicated, as he will continue to manage Elton John for Sanctuary while taking Morrissey and Guns N' Roses with him to Azoff.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:51 pm

Hits Daily Double, October 31, 2006:
MERCK AND ELTON SPLIT: As part of his expected exit from Sanctuary Music to possibly join Irving Azoff's management company, Merck Mercuriadis will no longer be managing Elton John. According to a statement issued on behalf of John's management company Twenty-First Artists, John will now be repped for the U.K. and the rest of the world by his longtime friend of the court, veteran British music exec Clive Banks, former Simple Minds manager and Island U.K. managing director. In the U.S., Johnny Barbis, who also has had a longstanding business relationship with the superstar, will reportedly consult Sanctuary as Elton's stateside management rep. Mercuriadis is expected to bring clients Axl Rose and Morrissey with him.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:54 pm

Eventually Merck didn't join Azoff's management company. Hits Daily Double (via Blabbermouth), November 17, 2006:
Guns N' Roses Manager Unlikely To Join Azoff's Front Line

According to Hits Daily Double, it now appears that manager Merck Mercuriadis won't be joining Irving Azoff's Front Line after all, at least not for the time being. Mercuriadis is currently traveling with client Guns N' Roses on their arena tour, while Morrissey is set to begin a large-scale jaunt in Europe, where he is a hot concert attraction. Insiders claim Mercuriadis still has some ongoing issues to resolve regarding his exit from Sanctuary Music which means it doesn't look like there will be a deal between him and Azoff in the near future.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down