APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine]

2 posters

Go down

2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine] Empty 2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine]

Post by Blackstar Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:19 pm

MESSAGE FROM AXL:

I would like to apologize to all of the fans in Maine for the show not happening last night. It was important for us to play there and it is a shame that what should have been a great night for all of us was not possible due to the actions of two people.

I agree with, and ultimately take responsibility for, the end decision not to jeopardize the safety of the fans, the crews, the bands and myself as a result of the methods of these particularly draconian authorities. We are not trying to get away or get out of anything or pull a fast one by combining ticket sales as has been speculated.

There are reasons that I have not spoken more about Montreal and Philadelphia that have been extremely complicated and are not legally resolved behind the scenes to this day and could have possibly jeopardized the future of Guns N' Roses.

We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album.

The professionals around me felt that Portland was a potentially explosive situation that could have had a somewhat similar result based on the behavior of the two aforementioned fire marshals (it's not my first barbeque!) had the fans been given entry to the building and the show started. In respect of these opinions, our fans, the people of Portland, and the bands scheduled to play with us that night, unfortunately the only sensible decision was not to take that chance.

We hope to find another way to play for you in the future. Thanks for even trying to see us. It sincerely is much more than appreciated.

https://web.archive.org/web/20061207024131/http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061108&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine] Empty Re: 2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine]

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:40 am

Axl refers to Philly and Montreal here, but I wonder if he might be thinking about the 2001 Vancouver show and not the 1992 Montreal show.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine] Empty Re: 2006.11.08 - GunsNRoses.com - Message From Axl [Regarding the cancellation of the show in Portland, Maine]

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:50 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Axl refers to Philly and Montreal here, but I wonder if he might be thinking about the 2001 Vancouver show and not the 1992 Montreal show.  
Yes, that's what I thought, too.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down