APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.05.23 - The New York Post - Page Six (Axl)

2 posters

Go down

2006.05.23 - The New York Post - Page Six (Axl) Empty 2006.05.23 - The New York Post - Page Six (Axl)

Post by Blackstar Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:10 pm

BEHIND nearly every good bar fight is a beautiful woman - and the epic nightclub clash between Axl Rose and Tommy Hilfiger is no exception.

While some say Hilfiger popped Rose in the eye after the Guns N' Roses frontman moved Hilfiger's girlfriend's drink at The Plumm last Thursday night, Page Six has learned that the combatants have been at odds since Rose started dating Diane O'Connor, the ex-wife of Hilfiger's adopted brother, denim designer Michael H.

One source even went so far as to claim that the Hilfiger brothers had made a "pact" to pummel Rose on sight. While we're not sure we believe that the preppie fashion icon - who just sold his empire for $1.6 billion - would engage in such premeditated thuggery, it might explain his seemingly unprovoked attack on Rose.

A spokeswoman for Hilfiger declined repeated requests for comment yesterday, and Rose's manager did not return calls.

But Rose told Page Six in an exclusive interview after the brawl that Hilfiger may have been angry because the designer - whom Rose described as "foaming at the mouth" - had been told to move to make room for the rock god and his entourage.

Other witnesses said Hilfiger went nuclear after Rose moved a drink belonging to Hilfiger's girlfriend.

When Guns N' Roses took the stage shortly after the scuffle to perform an acoustic set to mark actress Rosario Dawson's 27th birthday, Rose - sporting a small red mark under his eye - dedicated the song "You're Crazy" to "my good friend Tommy Hilfiger."

But if O'Connor was the reason for his rift with Hilfiger, Rose was sticking to his story on Sunday afternoon, when artist Mark Kostabi ran into him on Ninth Avenue in Chelsea.

Kostabi, who designed the cover of GN'R's 1991 album "Use Your Illusion," tells us that Rose was amused by the photograph of Hilfiger crouched in what appeared to be a karate pose on the cover of Saturday's Post. The instant classic was snapped moments before the frothing fashionista punched Rose.

"I don't hold any grudge against him," Rose said of Hilfiger on Sunday. "I just don't understand him. I loved the way the photo in The Post made it look like [Hilfiger] was doing karate chops!"

Axl also confirmed our scoop that he plans to move to New York after GN'R's tour of Europe this summer.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87712

Back to top Go down

2006.05.23 - The New York Post - Page Six (Axl) Empty Re: 2006.05.23 - The New York Post - Page Six (Axl)

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:48 am

Michael Hilfiger would later deny the rumour that Tommy attacked Axl because of Diane O'Connor:

APPARENTLY ** Tommy Hilfiger ** didn't know it was Axl Rose he was hitting when he got into a fight with the Guns 'n' Roses singer in New York's Plumm nightclub last week. "I don't think Axl knew it was Tommy and I don't think Tommy knew it was Axl," the designer's adopted brother, Michael H, told PAGESIX.COM. "But by the time they realised it, the fuse was already lit – and you can't put out the fuse on dynamite." It was rumoured that the fracas was started by Axl moving a drink belonging to Hilfiger's girlfriend, Dee Ocleppo – though later speculation arose that it was about Rose dating Michael's ex-wife, Diane O'Connor. But Michael himself, who designs his own denim line and fronts the rock band Michael H and the Bashers, denies it was anything to do with that. "I gave Axl my blessing – if he wants to date my ex-wife, that's fine with me," he went on. "We're all family. Axl's guitarist in Guns 'n' Roses is Richard Fortus, who also plays in my band. I've seen Axl and my ex-wife practically every night for the past two weeks, and we're all cool. I'm sure that he and Tommy will make up over a drink or dinner someday." (May 25 2006, AM)Dolly Jones

Source: https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/we-are-family-1
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76676

Back to top Go down